battery question

caseyj

Newly Enlightened
Can I replace two 3volt 2032 coin batteries with a 6volt 4.5 amp power source?

Here is my set up. I have bright light mounted on a hat. The power source is a 6volt 4.5 amp sealed battery. I also have a small clip on hat light that runs off of 2 2032 3volt batteries in series. Can I wire this small light to the large battery so I will only have one battery?
Looks like the two white leds are in parallel with no resistor and the one red led has a 100 ohm resistor.

is the limited amps(effective internal impedance) of the 2032 cells that protects the leds and allows the current to "load down"? If so, I should be able to put the two white leds into series and be fine?
light.jpg

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I replace two 3volt 2032 coin batteries with a 6volt 4.5 amp power source?

Here is my set up. I have bright light mounted on a hat. The power source is a 6volt 4.5 amp sealed battery. I also have a small clip on hat light that runs off of 2 2032 3volt batteries in series. Can I wire this small light to the large battery so I will only have one battery?
Looks like the two white leds are in parallel with no resistor and the one red led has a 100 ohm resistor.

is the limited amps(effective internal impedance) of the 2032 cells that protects the leds and allows the current to "load down"? If so, I should be able to put the two white leds into series and be fine?
You can grab a volt-meter and check. Measure the battery voltage while it's off and on.

Now for your batteries...is that a 4.5 amp-hour SLA battery? Those are HEAVY. You could get pretty monster performance from 4 AA cells (NiMH maybe) at about half the weight. It'd cost you about $10 to get that many and a charger at Wal Mart.

Latest posts