New here. wondering if anyone can light my way with some help!

ezflash

Newly Enlightened
hello im new to this flashlight modding scene and need some help, i wanted to start off with a soli mag led upgrade just to test the waters. i saw that someone put a golden dragon? in a soli and had a lens put in it but i cant seem to find a place to purchase the lens or the led :fail: and how exactly to solder or connect the led to the soli mag :( so can someone PLEASE help?! im dying to get some hands on action so i can do some of the mods ive seen some guys do here that are pretty amazng! thanks!

Lampyris noctiluca

Newly Enlightened
Hi ezflash :welcome:

The soli mod is a good easy place to start, but be warned it is a slippery slope to multiple sst90! :devil:

Use the search function at the top of the page, there is a wealth of info here:)

Edit: just had a quick search and this one looks good and has step-by-step photos....

Good luck!

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
Personally i'd say that a soli mag is a hard way to start...a mag 3c or 2d or 3d is a much easier way. Or a maglite mini or something that is p60-compatible.

Just my 0.02$

ezflash

Newly Enlightened
Personally i'd say that a soli mag is a hard way to start...a mag 3c or 2d or 3d is a much easier way. Or a maglite mini or something that is p60-compatible.

Just my 0.02$

i know what you mean, being that the parts are way smaller its harder to work with? but its also a cheap way to start lol i wouldn't want to mess up expensive stuff right now because it'll kill my motivation to actually get to a few of the builds i have seen in some posts here lovecpf

aEx155

Newly Enlightened
i know what you mean, being that the parts are way smaller its harder to work with? but its also a cheap way to start lol i wouldn't want to mess up expensive stuff right now because it'll kill my motivation to actually get to a few of the builds i have seen in some posts here lovecpf

Another limitation of the Solitaire is that it only holds a single AAA cell, which is very limited on capacity. Most likely you would have to buy some lithium-ion 14500 (AAA sized) batteries and a charger if you were to mod the Solitaire just so you would have some more power available.

The cost of buying a good charger and batteries is high, yet it's only one time, so you can decide if that's the route you want to take.

I'd start with something that AA, D, or C sized batteries, as those cell types are more common. A Minimag or a maglite is an easier choice as yo have more options.