Wow. My T20C2 MKII throws much better with the Eagletac XR-E drop-in

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a great idea. EagleTac has many different drop-ins for the T20C2 MKII now. I picked up the XR-E R2 cool drop-in for my T20C2 MKII. I was planning on putting this light up for sale in the market place because I never really liked it with the XP-G. It was floody but not much throw for a light of this size (I want lots of throw in a light this size for my purposes).
Enter the XR-E R2 drop-in.

I put it in a couple days ago. It took less than 2 minutes with no tools. What a great design. I'm sure I can do it in 1 min next time. The light is completely transformed. The beam profile, brightness, and throw are all nearly 100% identical to my Jetbeam RRT-2 (I'm giving a VERY slight edge to the EagleTac). I love how easy it is to switch between the XP-G and XR-E. I feel like I can now get rid of my TK11, TK12, and RRT-2 because this light is now better than them all. Don't get me wrong - in this size range my Maelstrom G5 still blows them all away but I love how light-weight and balanced the T20C2 MKII is in my hand.

What a great option for this light.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
FYI, my T20C2-II (XP-G R5) review was updated recently with the results of the XR-E R2 drop-in.

It does provide much better throw (although with beam rings and slightly lower overall output). But it is a nice way to get the Mark II build improvements with good throw.