Any rep. for Lightwave ?

recercare

Enlightened
Hi

Two years ago I bought a Lightwave 4000. I think it's a good flashlight, and I love the long runtime. I guess LED technology has improved since I last visited this forum. Do you know of a LED flashlight similar to the Lightwave, but with even more light and equal runtime?

Any recommendations?

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Similar to the Lightwave how? Switching? Batteries? Shape?

LED technology has improved, but not so much that a new 10 5mm LED 3-D cell light will be all that much better than one bought a couple of years ago...

recercare

Enlightened
"Similar to the Lightwave" means a D-cell LED flashlight which is brighter than the Lightwave with equal run time. The switch and housing etc is not important.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I don't know of any LED flashlight that uses "D" size batteries that exceeds the LW 4000's runtime and brightness. My Anglelux on 2xD cells is brighter, but only has a runtime to 50% brightness of 24 hours, whereas the LW 4000's runtime is 48 hours. You give up runtime for brightness! The LW 4000 is the flashlight that you want to find in the back of the kitchen drawer when the lights go out!

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LW 4000 is still the best of its type. I bought 2 and gave one to a friend, who uses it for a worklight. He is nearly impossible to impress with a flashlight, though this one did.