Unauthorized breeding going on

TwinBlade

Enlightened
I am not sure what happened, but in the past week, my 3 Surefires turned into 6. :whistle:

I can only hope the trend continues...

:laughing:

DSC03517-1.jpg

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
TwinBlade, wasn't it YOUR "Why should I buy a Surefire?" thread a few weeks ago? If so, I'd say you found your reasons and then some. :crackup:

Grab a clicky switch and a Malkoff/Nailbender and retrofit one of those 6P's... I think you'll like the results.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good job!
I'm kinda scared to see what will happen now that you've started to explore other surefire models outside of the 6P format....:popcorn:

ayglass

Newly Enlightened
It's a shame to see a man's wallet deflate like that. Thanks to you guys I'm compulsively checking the Malkoff site on a daily basis and have been caught drooling on Overready. Geez, this is worse than knives...

- Andy

TwinBlade

Enlightened
TwinBlade, wasn't it YOUR "Why should I buy a Surefire?" thread a few weeks ago? If so, I'd say you found your reasons and then some. :crackup:

Grab a clicky switch and a Malkoff/Nailbender and retrofit one of those 6P's... I think you'll like the results.
AnAppleSnail linked every single one of my downward spiral links. It is a very systematic progression. :D

Of the 3 6P based lights I have, the Defender has a Thrunite 3 way drop in and one of the 6P's has the stock KX4 head on it.

The other is going to be my "mod" light. It has the old P60L drop in inside. I am going to put a Z59 or some other clicky with momentary on, and a Malkoff M61L in it...maybe an LL. I hear those can make any room look like the sun itself is in it.

I carry the E1L every single day and have been busy building matched cell battery packs for the 9N. Lots of runtime on that incan now.

Kramer knows where I got that C2. LOL! He is right, it was a screaming deal. It is also too cool to modify. I like it just as it is.:thumbsup:

Just unreal.

carrot

Flashaholic
Hey buddy, you're doing just fine! Keep up the good work! Just make sure to set aside some money for the upcoming G2X/6PX models!

TwinBlade

Enlightened
Hey buddy, you're doing just fine! Keep up the good work! Just make sure to set aside some money for the upcoming G2X/6PX models!
Whether you know it or not, you have had an indirect influence on my sickness. I have read a LOT of your posts and have learned quite a bit from you.

(this is where you will be asking for the address so you can send your consultation bill... :D)

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
TwinBlade, you had better separate those lights.

I found out the same thing you did, but too late. They bred so often that I had something like 30 Surefires alone (not counting other lights) and ended up selling some off.

However, I think my 10X and a couple of my M6's got together for a crazy time when I wasn't looking because now I have a Hellfighter that has been added to the group.:eek:

Keep an eye on 'em!:thumbsup:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks nice:thumbsup:

Now you just need a U2, Saint and LX2:whistle: lovecpf

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on the C2 TB! That's the one that'll put it over the top for ya...once I got my C2 that's when my addicition really started...sigh...

Plus one on the U2...no SF collection is complete without that!

TwinBlade

Enlightened
I put a Thrunite 3 mode in that C2. It has become my favorite light of all of them. I really like this one. Great design!:thumbsup:

aemtieands

Newly Enlightened
I can totally relate, got my third Surefire today, a C2 and will plant an Tripple XPG R5 Drop In there

I had some very nice lights already, like Mega Extremes and McGizmos but nothing does it for me like Surefire

Darvis

Enlightened
The big question is: When you going to start making some of the those slick Kydex sheaths for the Surefires?

My Barkies need to be able to have a friend ride along on my belt...

TwinBlade

Enlightened
I will start making them, and other kydex, if I find out that I am not being called back from layoff in the next couple weeks. I do not want to commit to anything right now until I know what is going on. The problem I face, as I know you are aware, is I do not have every model knife, pistol or flashlight out there. People send me their stuff to get a custom fit. The shipping alone and wait time for me to do the work is not an overnight endeavor. Any work I have for customers on hand is going to be severely impacted on delivery time if I am at my full time job and working OT. Matter of fact, I have over $3000 in Busse's, Fermans and other knives from a man on another forum that is patiently waiting for my broken toe to heal so I can finish up his work with kydex and modifications.

I am laid off and have a backlog. How odd is that?! :crackup::crackup::laughing:

Last edited:

Darvis

Enlightened
Backlog or not, lifting a beer to that callback!!! I hope it works out for you as I know it's been some time now. After that, the Kydex can wait... :)