EagleTac M3C4 - Triple XR-E R2: Power ON delay and other observations...

Dennis

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

I just got an EagleTac M3C4 - Triple XR-E R2 and installed the tailcap switch. However, I am seeing an approx 0.5 second delay from when I click/momentary press it on until the light comes on... This happens at all light levels, I can see how it is mitigated if you use the twist dial only but it is pretty annoying with the clicky.

I saw one other post referencing this possibility, but not much else. Did the previous model do this? Is this As Designed? Any other thoughts?

Other than that, a few other observations:
- Bright!
- Throw as good as the Hound Dog but much brighter.
- Feels good in hand. I like rectangles!
- Fit and finish is very good
- Overall feel is not super solid with the plastic tailcap and twist ring
- Rear screws stripped out immediately. Better to use a Torx instead of hex, then loctite and never touch it again.

To me this seems more like an awesome utility/search light than a true KISS tough tactical light. I guess my new Malkoff Hound Dog will have to be my duty distance light :)

Thanks for any help,

Dennis.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine does the same thing. I'm not really sure the tail switch is considered a forward clicky with momentary on. I think it is more of a reverse clicky. It is pretty hard to get "momentay on" without clicking the light on which leads me to believe this is not a feature but an accident. My screws did not strip but I was very careful when adding the optional switch. The directions specifically mention that EagleTac excludes stripped screws from the warranty when you add the included optional tailcap. That led me to believe this happens all the time because of the poor design. That said, I'm glad the option is there. I use it because I don't want to have parasitic bettery drain (which you do without the switch).

Last edited:

shipwreck

Enlightened
When I ordered my M2XC4 a couple of months ago, I asked the vendor to put the tailcap on for me - to avoid that whole issue.

Dennis

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, the momentary is not very easy to use. I rapid clicked it a couple hundred times and it seems to work a bit better now. I may even disassemble the switch to check out the internals and see if I can realign the contact points.

Regardless, thanks for the reminder about the parasitic drain! I was considering going back to flat bottom since I have assigned this light to general duty use but the "power saving clicky" is staying now.

Thanks,

Dennis.

Dennis

Newly Enlightened
When I ordered my M2XC4 a couple of months ago, I asked the vendor to put the tailcap on for me - to avoid that whole issue.

Not a bad idea, but at least I was able to verify the installation of the gasket and make sure the screws are properly blue loctited. If you want something done right... :)

Dennis.