Got my Solarforce L2x with ThruNite Drop In Today!

shipwreck

Enlightened
I got my Solarforce L2X limited edition body in today from Illumination Gear, along with the 493 lumen (approx 400 OTF lumens) ThruNite dropin LED module. It's pretty cool. I can't wait for it to be dark outside so I can compare it to my other lights.

It should be brighter than my P20C2 Mi II and T20C2 Mk II Eagletacs :)

When purchased in the normal bodies - Solarforce lights are a great light for the money...

Heck, this makes 5 Solarforce lights for me now :) (they are basically surefire clones)

Solarforceset1.jpg

And here are the 2 noticeably cool models I have in my Solarforce collection :)

Solarforceset3.jpg

Last edited:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
so many great p60 dropins in the market place fo cheep.

shipwreck

Enlightened
Shipwreck did you have to trim the spring any on the ThruNite bulb or did it drop right in?
No, it dropped right in.

I read the other thread about that issue in certain flashlight bodies, so I asked Todd at Illumination gear when I placed my order... he now carries the L2x body AND the drop in. So, I ordered both from him. He assured me that it would drop right in - and it did :)

FlashTech

Newly Enlightened
I really like the new design for this flashlight, though I would say a different design for the head would've looked better in my opinion.

shipwreck

Enlightened
I really like the new design for this flashlight, though I would say a different design for the head would've looked better in my opinion.

See, I like the way the head of it looks. I think the whole light is pretty cool.If it didn't cost more than the standard L2 body, I'd get some more

Tally-ho

Banned
I got my Solarforce L2X limited edition body in today from Illumination Gear, along with the 493 lumen (approx 400 OTF lumens) ThruNite dropin LED module.
Not "limited edition", but "special edition". Like the L2P, the L2X is a special edition, but it will not be limited in quantity. It is only a new version, a special edition of the L2 base flashlight.

The thrunite drop-in is very floody so you will take advantage to use a flat bezel instead of a crenelated one in order to have the wider (uncut) side spill beam. The best is to use a floody drop-in with the A001 head + flat bezel because the drop-in recess less (is less pushed back) in this head than in regular L2 (P, X) head.

My humble 2 cents.

Last edited:

shipwreck

Enlightened
Actually, I didn't like the ThruNite drop in and have sent it back. I was going to sell it to recoup most of teh $, but the vendor was gracious enough to take it back for a refund.

I do love the L2x body, though. I am just going to put a regular R2 Solarforce drop in into it. I prefer those.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Actually, I didn't like the ThruNite drop in and have sent it back. I was going to sell it to recoup most of teh $, but the vendor was gracious enough to take it back for a refund.

I do love the L2x body, though. I am just going to put a regular R2 Solarforce drop in into it. I prefer those.

Was it the 1.5 amp R5? Why did you dislike it?

shipwreck

Enlightened
Was it the 1.5 amp R5? Why did you dislike it?

Yes, it was the single mode. I just wasn't impressed with the output, and while I knew it would be more of a "flood" type light - I expected to see some difference (brighter) as compared to my P20C2 Mk II Eagletac. The Eagletac, to my eyes, put out more light. And, the drop in also put out a yellowish color I didn't like as much.

I just thought that at 400 OTF lumens, I'd notice a difference. I have about 20 lights, and I just didn't care for the output and color for the price.

Latest posts