How to take the switch out of Mag 2C flashlight?

xbrite

Newly Enlightened
I once read an article explaining how to remove the swicth of Mag 2C light but I could not locate it. Would appreciate very much if someone teach me how to get to the thread..

Thanks..

xbrite

Newly Enlightened
Re: How to take the switch out of Mag 2C flashligh

Thanks a lot, Gentlemen. I do appeciate it.

Cheers,

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Xbrite,

You're welcome to the link. It was easy to post a link, but I don't know how easy it is to follow the directions. I have not removed a switch . . . yet. If your experience in doing this teaches anything that the written material doesn't mention, I hope you'll share it with us.

Paul

Y2Kirk1028

Enlightened

Xbrite,
If you have the new Mags, the one with the "C" in front of the serial number, it's very easy to remove the switch. All you need to do is remove the switch rubber boot, insert a 3/32 size allen wrench into the button hole and loosen the screw, then just slide out the switch assemble from the bottom. If it's the older Mag with the retaining ring at the top then, you'll have to follow the instructions from the above links.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

The older C-bodies and D-bodies require the use of a spanner to unscrew the front-facing locking ring. I bought mine from ConsumerLink. Once the locking ring is out, you still have to remove the rubber switch cover and insert the allen key into the switch to loosen the set screw that makes switch-body contact. Then the switch slides out the front.

Wilkey