Wuben        

Thread: numbers out of a hat?

Default numbers out of a hat?

where did they come up with these specs???? http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=5011

Flashaholic

Default Re: numbers out of a hat?

For Xenon bulbs, is 2100L/55W = 38 lumens/w efficacy reasonable?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminous_efficacy

That which burns brightest, burns shortest. Sacrificing life for luminous efficacy is part of how the X-Treme Power outperform standard bulbs at the same wattage. However, I don't think that figure (2100 lumens) is right for ANY of the bulbs in the XTP line.

The +X figures don't really mean +X% lumens, rather it means that due to a tighter, higher luminance coil, the hotspot will be +X% brighter.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Qship1996 View Post
    where did they come up with these specs???? http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=5011
    Why not just call them and ask?

Susquehanna MotorSports has been around for a long time and have a good reputation.
    "Show them a light, and they'll follow it anywhere..."

Quote Originally Posted by chmsam View Post

Susquehanna MotorSports has been around for a long time...
    Actually, one should contact Philips. They *make* the bulbs, SMS simply sells them.

Quote Originally Posted by chmsam View Post

Susquehanna MotorSports has been around for a long time and have a good reputation.

No need to, for the simple reason of listing 2100 lumens for each the different type bulbs listed{h4,h7,9008,9007,9006,etc} is obviously BS.Why waste the time?

Here is another with grossly inaccurate lumens being advertised.....and the same bulb is LESS THAN 1/2 the price on Amazon! http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=5028
    Last edited by Qship1996; 10-16-2011 at 07:57 PM.

I've purchased from Rallylights several times. Every single time they've managed to goof up the order in some way, and getting in contact with them to fix it is an exercise in frustration. I now send my money to Stern, and gladly pay extra for better service.
    Got Biodiesel?

Not sure I consider Stern any better as far as timely communications and speed of service.....but the advice is priceless.Stern almost seems to operate the product side of his business as a part time hobby instead of a efficient web storefront.

I have not had any issues with rallylights orders,including custom built wiring harnesses,all have been timely and high quality construction/products.......but when they advertise a Philips 9012 bulb as having 3000 lumens, well, that just doesnt sit right with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Qship1996 View Post
    Not sure I consider Stern any better as far as timely communications and speed of service.....but the advice is priceless.

I have not had any issues with rallylights orders,including custom built wiring harnesses,all have been timely and high quality construction/products.......but when they advertise a Philips 9012 bulb as having 3000 lumens, well, that just doesnt sit right with me.
    Do you want the wrong answer now? Or do you want to wait a bit for the right one?

That'd be some bulb, for sure! Maybe they ran it at 14.7V... of course, it wouldn't last quite as long as one would want...