Prometheus        

Thread: Where do you guys get LEDs mounted on PCBs? (I can't find any XP-G R4s)

Default Where do you guys get LEDs mounted on PCBs? (I can't find any XP-G R4s)

Hey guys,
    I want to get an "outdoor white" (or whatever is the warmest) XP-G R4 mounted on a 14mm or 16mm circle, but I can't find anyone who has such a thing. I was able to find a cool white R5, but I'd rather not use that. Are there any sources out there that have such a thing? Digikey probably has the right LED, but it's not on a board.
    Will

Default Re: Where do you guys get LEDs mounted on PCBs? (I can't find any XP-G R4s)

Cutter electronics has the best selection. You can choose any size PCB starting as small as 10mm and select your color and output bin.

http://www.cutter.com.au/products.php?cat=Cree+XPG

You may want to order a few because the shipping from cutter is high and there is also a handling charge. You can get a CPF discount by using this code CPFDISCOUNT at checkout.
    In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    FS: Everyday Carry Lights Upgrades for Maglite.

Default Re: Where do you guys get LEDs mounted on PCBs? (I can't find any XP-G R4s)

Alright, thanks. However, I only need one and I have no idea what the "XPG on metal core PCB" option is
    I'd rather find a one-off seller with less expensive shipping and stuff, if that's possible.

http://kaidomain.com/ProductDetails....roductId=10676

Kaidomain has xpg r5's on 14 and 20mm board
    Although sketchy and tend to mislabel it's only 7.40 with free shipping (which could take weeks even months)

EDIT: Read you didn't really want an R5 bin. Otherwise cutter is the way to go.
    Last edited by circa; 09-25-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by circa View Post
    http://kaidomain.com/ProductDetails....roductId=10676

Kaidomain has xpg r5's on 14 and 20mm board
    Although sketchy and tend to mislabel it's only 7.40 with free shipping (which could take weeks even months)

EDIT: Read you didn't really want an R5 bin. Otherwise cutter is the way to go.
    Yep, I've found a few sources of R5. Still no R4 though...

Flashaholic

I have some XPG-R4's in 5B1 mounted on a 10mm board if you're interested. I'll do the GB price of $10/per emitter + $2 Shipping conus. Let me know if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Anto View Post
    I have some XPG-R4's in 5B1 mounted on a 10mm board if you're interested. I'll do the GB price of $10/per emitter + $2 Shipping conus. Let me know if you're interested.
    PM sent!