• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB Hi power UV with 365nm Led

The Berr

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for someone to modify an existing unit e.g. a 4sevens Quark 123 Turbo to run a high power UV led such as the Nichia or LED Engine 5W so that I can offer this with our Optically Active Coatings Technology.
The lamp we use currently is a UVisible three stage clicky but it looks pretty NAFF. Please pm me if this is of interest.

jellydonut

Enlightened
Wouldn't it be easier (and maybe even cheaper) to buy P60 Nichia UV modules from Nailbender and put them in some P60 hosts? Any reason it has to be the Quark?

ptolemy

Enlightened
Wouldn't it be easier (and maybe even cheaper) to buy P60 Nichia UV modules from Nailbender and put them in some P60 hosts? Any reason it has to be the Quark?
good call. and please be aware that nailbenders drop-in uses high end Nichia chip thats true 365nm and very strong...

Much stronger any 5w ones on ebay.

Now, if you want something more high end, turn key, mcgizmo does a kickass job in titanium frame:)

To modify it, I am sure is possible, but unless there is a specific reason that it has to be Quark and no other light, I wouldn't doit.