Ultra Stinger: My new Top Dog!

SuRgE

Enlightened
I just got my US lastnight and it Rocks! Man, I own a bunch of Surefire 2 and 3 cell lights and have a couple of other stingers but none can match the brightness and throw of the US.

I did a CPF search on the US and all of you guys who own it already convinced me to buy one. I'm very happy.

Now its time to go give a sun tan to the local furries in the canyon down the street.

See ya,

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well, i am very happy with my us also. great light!

what reflector did you get, and where did you order from?

i have a half stipled-half smooth from brightguy.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The US does throw pretty well. Nice smooth beam with adequate sidespill for walking at night. The only quirk I have is with the charger, as it seems there's no indication of a full or complete charge. But still, it's great for what it is, and I can always use it as a baton. In fact, a couple of nights ago, I found myself using it as a hammer (since I don't have one) to put my new bookshelf together. Works great.

axolotls

Enlightened
good impact weapon too
wink.gif

SuRgE

Enlightened
Originally posted by Rothrandir:

what reflector did you get, and where did you order from?

i have a half stipled-half smooth from brightguy.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Same light. Ordered mine from BrightGuy also.

Its probally been discussed but anyone care to comment on which reflector they prefer?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
My US has the same half/half reflector but I just replaced the shiny reflector on my regular Stinger with a pebbled reflector and now it's much nicer.
No more rings or filament shadows.

SuRgE

Enlightened
GJW,

Where did you order the new pebbled reflector? I would like to get one for my polystinger. I have the non textured reflector and it has alot of rings but throws quite far.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine directly from Streamlight.
Not sure if they have one for the Poly though.
The reflector is part of the bezel and I think the pebbled reflector was really made for the Stinger XT which comes in aluminum only.
It's easy to substitute a Stinger bezel for a Stinger XT bezel but with yours being a Poly.....
You can always ask though.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
from what i have heard, the half stipled, half smooth throws the farthest, and the beam is decent too.

the fast 2.5 hour chargers blink when the module is fully charged, but the 10hr do not.