LumaPower IncenDio V3 LED Flashlight 1XCR123A w. Cree R5 370 lumens

biker1

Enlightened
Formerly from NYC - Still Ruled by Commi Criminal
Does anyone know when this light will be available?
The specs and look of this light seem to be the best single CR123A flashlight I've seen yet.
I was thinking to get the RRT-0, but this looks smaller and brighter, and looks like I will be getting the V3 instead.

TwinBlade

Enlightened
Lumapower CPF 2010 edition question

I just picked one of these Incendio V3 R5 CPF 2010 editions up on CPFM. I cannot find an accurate description of light outputs for this light. Anyone know what the 4 brightness mode levels and respective runtimes are? Doesn't seem to have an over abundance of light on high compared to others like the Quark123 Mini or Fenix PD10, but it has plenty for EDC use. Then again, it seems to be more flood designed so I dunno. There ain't no way it has 350 lumens the way the Incendio V3 R5 is advertised as though.

TIA.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

lebox97

Enlightened
Re: Lumapower CPF 2010 edition question

the LumaPower information/sales thread is in the Manufacturers Corner-LumaPower thread in the marketplace.

I believe they may be a review or two over in the CPF reviews section as well?

Tod

TwinBlade

Enlightened

Yeah I read most of that in searches. I am having a tough time believing it is even 220 lumens OTF on a 123 primary. If someone told me 160 or something, I might believe that. the only levels I found were something like 100%, 40%, 10% and 1%...or something like that. No run times, no true output definitions for this limited edition.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast

My supplier lists as 350 on a rechargeable.

Copy from his site:-

New version of the popular EDC flashlight with Cree XP-G R5 LED increasing to a maximum output of 350 lumens with a CR123 rechargeable battery. Supplied with a pouch and signalling, diffuser accessory.

gunga

Flashaholic
350 emitter lumens, most likely translates to about 230 - 245 lumens out the front.

I have a review of the 3 mode model (in my sig). I received a 4 mode upgrade pill for review much later. I will try and update it. Most of the review is the same except now the middle modes are much more useful.

I like the light, I just don't like the clip.

lebox97

Enlightened

you are correct:
350 LED Lumens is with R123/16340 (or soon with optional 18650 adapter)
200 LED Lumens is with CR123

minus 20-25% for standard calculation/conversion to OTF.

Tod

Yeah I read most of that in searches. I am having a tough time believing it is even 220 lumens OTF on a 123 primary. If someone told me 160 or something, I might believe that. the only levels I found were something like 100%, 40%, 10% and 1%...or something like that. No run times, no true output definitions for this limited edition.

HIDblue

Enlightened
There seems to be a pretty big difference in output if you use the RCR123 or 16340 compared to a primary 123 battery. Give the rechargeable RCR123 or 16340 a shot and see if it makes a difference.

biker1

Enlightened
There seems to be a pretty big difference in output if you use the RCR123 or 16340 compared to a primary 123 battery. Give the rechargeable RCR123 or 16340 a shot and see if it makes a difference.

+1

I ordered a V3 today, with a couple of R123's and spacers, and can't wait to receive the package. Should fit into my pants pocket very nicely.
:twothumbs

Last edited:

LotusDarkrose

Newly Enlightened
I am still very much loving my Incendio v3 XPG I bought around a month ago or so. Nicely selected output levels, gorgeous beam, and mine has a very nice "neutral-ish" beam to it. IMHO very similar to the tint of my P7 light. I carry mine clipped on the inside of my left pocket. If these had a solid clip with torx screws, this would be even better than it already is.

Obviously it gets hot on 100 percent output, but on the level right before max, it stays very reasonable on a 16340. For around 50 bucks this is an awesome deal for what you get.

biker1

Enlightened
Re: Mini Review on the Lumapower IncenDio V3 w/XP-G R5 LED

I picked up my V3 earlier today, and I am very pleased with the light. I really like the styling, the finish, and the operation of it. The clickie works smoothly, and I have no trouble operating it with my thumb. The beveled clickie ring enables your thumb to get right in there. The operation of the threads are very smooth. One thing I noticed were little grey? specs, one being slightly larger than the rest, under the dome that covers the LED. You cannot see this with your eye, but I wanted to get a closer look at the emitter, so I used my 10x loupe, and that's when I noticed these grey colored 'specs.' They don't appear to move around, so I really don't know what they are, and if it is normal. It doesn't appear to affect the beam though.
The V3 will be my EDC for now. It will sit in the inside of my pants pocket, with the clip attached to the pocket, or maybe not. The light is so lite, that it can just sit inside the pocket. As has been noticed, the clip is really flimsy, and does not have strong tension. Considering the top quality of the rest of the V3, I don't know how the design and quality control departments let the clip slip through.
Other than the clip, the light is flawless, and is well worth the price of admission. I have been playing with it all night long. There is something about the light that doesn't allow you to put it down :)
For a couple of weeks, I was considering the RRT-0. Then when I saw the V3 and read up on it, I chose to purchase it. I have never held the RRT-0 so I cannot say whether it is a better light or not, But am very happy with the choice I made.
If you get the V3, I highly recommend that you invest in RCR123's, so that the V3 can perform to its optimum capacity.

:twothumbs

Last edited:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I used to have one myself, the one TwinBlade has now. It is a nice light no doubt but I said the same thing too, more like 200-220 lumens on an RCR. Has anyone tested one in a sphere or lightbox?

biker1

Enlightened

I used to have one myself, the one TwinBlade has now. It is a nice light no doubt but I said the same thing too, more like 200-220 lumens on an RCR. Has anyone tested one in a sphere or lightbox?

TwinBlade said he has a hard time believing the V3 is 220 OTF with primaries.
But you think it may only be 200-220 lumens OTF with an RCR cell.
It would be nice to see a test regarding the output, unless it has been done already.
I'll do an unscientific test tomorrow, and compare the output to my EagleTac P20C2 MKll, on the different levels, maybe a Med. EagleTac to the High on the V3, or something like that. I gotta check out the levels re: lumens. The EaglecTac is rated OTF, and I think the #'s have been verified, if I remember correctly, but I'd have to check that out too.

EDIT:

I did a quick, very unscientific test.
The EageleTac P20C2 MKll on High using SF 123A's (with maybe 15 minutes use) compared to
IncenDio V3 on High using Battery Station R123A's (with about 10 minutes of use)

May not be a fair comparison because the ET has 2 cells, while the V3 has 1 cell. But I was only using the ET as a reference re: lumens

In ceiling bounce and beam, the ET was brighter. BUT not by alot (unscientific terminology :( )
The V3 appeared to have a more neutral white tint compared to the cool white of the ET.

Both lights, while tail standing, lit up my small bathroom very nicely, with the ET lighting it up slightly more, but not much more.
While tail standing in my bedroom, the ET lit up the outer parts of the bedroom slightly more than the V3.

An unscientific guesstimate would be that if the ET is putting out 300 OTF lumens on High, the V3 may be putting out 250-275?? OTF
Whatever the OTF, the V3 is pretty powerful.

The above is just my unscientific observation.
I will be getting a Steve Ku drop in any day now with 250 OTF lumens, and will compare that also.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
BTW, comparing to an RRT-0 is apples to oranges.

THe RRT is very nice, with an excellent selector ring interface. It is also very large for it's battery type etc (about the same size as 1 cell Surefire lights). The Incendio is a pocket rocket, very capable, and tiny.

So you pick based on size or selector ring interface.

I've had both, I like both.

biker1

Enlightened
I was looking for a small, powerful, single 123A cell, attractive, simple UI light.
I liked the style and the specs of the RRT-0. The size of the V3 was one of the deciding factors in my decision. And the price point was very attractive, considering all I was getting with the V3.