Acebeam        
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Lens fogging

  1. #1
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hutto,TX
    Posts
    1,155

    Thinking Lens fogging

    As I was going from an air condition room to the humid rainy outdoors I'd noticed that the lens on my Inova T3 fogged up. Does someone have a fix for this, I was going to use RainX No-Fog, but I don't know how it will effect the coating.

    chiphead

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    11,873

    Default Re: Lens fogging

    If it fogged up on the outside of the lens use a soft cotton wash cloth and gently wipe the lens. If you can rinse it safely with water do that first.

    Bill

  3. #3
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    1,132

    Default Re: Lens fogging

    Is the fogging on the inside of the window?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Lens fogging

    rain x will coat the glass with thin film, wheather it will affect coating permanently is a good question, but it will most likely defeat the purpose of original coat, at least for as long as rain x is there.

  5. #5
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hutto,TX
    Posts
    1,155

    Wink Re: Lens fogging

    Quote Originally Posted by zipplet View Post
    Is the fogging on the inside of the window?
    On the outside. It fogs up the same way ones glasses will under the same conditions.

  6. #6
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hutto,TX
    Posts
    1,155

    Thinking Re: Lens fogging

    Quote Originally Posted by alpg88 View Post
    rain x will coat the glass with thin film, wheather it will affect coating permanently is a good question, but it will most likely defeat the purpose of original coat, at least for as long as rain x is there.
    I've got a clunker I want to try the Rain-X on just to see what happens. I've got to have my gear together for this winter, I think it's going to be a cold/wet one.

    chiphead

  7. #7
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    913

    Default Re: Lens fogging

    The answer is quite simple. You need to pump in argon and xenon gas inside your lamp assembly and then make it airtight.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Lens fogging

    Quote Originally Posted by Imon View Post
    The answer is quite simple. You need to pump in argon and xenon gas inside your lamp assembly and then make it airtight.
    That won't stop the outside from fogging!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Lens fogging

    How hard is it to wipe off the freakin lens one time?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Lens fogging

    Quote Originally Posted by wyager View Post
    How hard is it to wipe off the freakin lens one time?
    Or burn off the fog since pretty much anything decently bright warms up enough to do that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •