Single cr123 clicky for edc -Need help

Sofastreamer

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I am a Guy from germany. I already own an olight m30, t25, zebralight 501 and an itp A3.
Right now i am searching a Single cr123 for edc with the following needs:

Real 150 Lumen Minimum
Clicky
Tailstand
Clip

Do not Need any modes, but if it has any, it would Not Be a Big deal.

Should Be more of a thrower.

Sugested c2h but its runtime Seems Bad on high.

Which Torch would Match Best in a Pricerange up to 150$?

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

You might look into the HDS Systems EDC (also known as the Ra Clicky) and the available 170 lumen model. It is an excellent light, quite popular around here on CPF, and fits your description quite well.

-Robert

Last edited:

Imon

Enlightened
Because of the temporary nature of the "burst mode" I don't think you can really consider the maximum advertised output as a independent "mode" but rather one that is joined together with the next highest brightness level.
I love the Ra Clicky though. Perhaps you might reconsider your output requirement OP? I've always said that people get a little too fixated on lumens and they forget everything else that makes a flashlight great and the Ra Clicky is a great flashlight.

My other suggestion would be a Quark 123 R5.

Sofastreamer

Newly Enlightened
thx, great litle light. the only thing is, that in germany the 170lm model costs about 270$.
thats too much for me.

Lucciola

Enlightened
Guten Morgen! :D

+1 for the Quark 123. It claims 206 out-the-front lumens which should not be exagerated.

If you want fewer modes get the tactical version which lets you preset 2 modes, so you don't have to cicle through all of them. I find this very convenient because it let's me set up the light the way I need it. However the tactical version can not tailstand because of the protruding button.

But you can also buy a standard tailcap with it. The only thing you loose would be the momentary on function.

The standard version is similar to the Fenix models where you can choose any mode any time, but you always have to go through them. For me two modes are enough, especially when I can change the definition of the modes any time I want.

In Germany I have good experience for example with KTL Store. However as I wanted the neutral white version I had to import directly from the US which works very well. My orders took about 7 days to get here. You save some money when ordering directly, but bear in mind that you have to pay 19% import-VAT ("Einfuhrumsatzsteuer"). This can be a hassle if you don't have a customs office nearby. Send me a PM if you want more details about the import process as this would be too far off the main topic.

The beam of the Quarks is very useful and you could preset the tactical model with an "energy saving mode" and the maximum output. Value for money is IMHO excellent. Only the clip of the Quarks is not optimal for me. I prefer the clip of my current EDC Nitecore D10 SP as the light sits nice deep in the pocket.

Tschüß und schönen Tag (trotz miesem Wetter).

Lucciola

EDIT: I just discovered that you look for a thrower. The Quarks are not particular throwy. I don't like my EDC to be throwy, so I don't have experience with it. Maybe have a look at the Dereelights or Jetbeams.

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
how about the jetbeam RRT-0. better throw than the quark 123 XPG.
the HDS 170 would be nice, I know the price is high, but it will serve you very well for many years to come.
surefire E1B, has TIR optics for a nice throwy beam.
my current EDC is an E1E with kuku's neutral tint XPG tower. its not a thrower, but its spill is wide, and bright. I would say around 200 lumens on high.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
how about the jetbeam RRT-0. better throw than the quark 123 XPG.
the HDS 170 would be nice, I know the price is high, but it will serve you very well for many years to come.
surefire E1B, has TIR optics for a nice throwy beam.
my current EDC is an E1E with kuku's neutral tint XPG tower. its not a thrower, but its spill is wide, and bright. I would say around 200 lumens on high.

Neither the E1B nor the E1e can tailstand without swapping tailcaps or adding a tailcap guard. Something for the OP to keep in mind.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, Sofastreamer.

I would be remiss to not mention the LiteFlux LF3XT. It meet 3 of your 4 requirements. Unfortunately it's only about 120 lumens and not exactly a super thrower, but the beam is very smooth. It is fully programmable, so it can be one mode or as many as five modes at any level down to less than 1 lumen. Of course there are strobe and beacon options if you want them. Another neat trick is a battery voltage report. If you can find one this light will only set you back about $60 plus shipping.

Good luck in your quest.

Geoff

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark 2AA turbo head with a 1x123 body and a regular tailcap.

This will throw fairly well, can use RCR123, tailstand, clicky.

You could then install a Nitecore EX-10 clip onto the tailcap.

Sofastreamer

Newly Enlightened
hi,
thanx for the many postings. because of oktoberfest i will not find the time to google them today, so i will give you feedback tomorrow.

Latest posts