Mag 2C/3C with TLE-300 or equivalent?

Mrija

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks! :wave:

Haven't posted for a while. I was just wondering if any of you have positively put a TLE-300 drop in into a Mag 2C or 3C?

For power I'd go fo rechargeable Liion of some sort (26500 26650 18650, CR123....... the list is long)

I read here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/233580

that a Pewter Mag 3C can take a TLE-300 but no explanation as to why (or why the others cant)

Other option would be: SSC P7-C from here:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14413

Someone said it had to mod it to get it into a 2C, someone else said it fit perfectly his 3C. So, anyone tried that one??

I am no geek to mod, solder, cut, glue or whatsoever. I would like a powerful Mag 2C (eventually a 3C but most likely 2) powered with 26650 somehow (sand the inside, shrink the batteries...)
So which combo/drop in/easy mod can I get?

My ultimate goal would be the TLE-300 or equivalent, that is in the 400-800 lm band. The TLE-6EX seem a tit week for that, and a multiple P7 self built too complicated.

Budget is somewhat limited but not critical (please no 500$ HID artillery though)

Thanks for any advice.

Truly yours :candle:

Mrija

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
go for p7, or 5cree drop in from dx.
tle will NOT fit C maglite, regardless of color. no way, (it has to fit inside the tube) unless you turn it on the lathe, but i wouldn't recomend it.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess the P7 and Cree5 do fit for sure? What size shall I look for?:thinking:
52mm drop in would fit in mag, c or d, but you wont ne able to screw on bezel all the way, you 'll have few mm gap,

now that i think of it, i.m not 100% sure cree5 will fit c mag, its heatsink is larger, may be someone else can confirm it, but p7 will fit both mags no problem, tried it myself.

Last edited:

Mrija

Newly Enlightened

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just searched the forum and yes, there were dx cree5 C mag mods done, it will fit. cree5 turns out to be better than p7 mod, according to ppl that used it.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/287439

don't belive dx lm ratings, take 30-50%off and you'll get right number. also as leds heat up they dim, dx stuff usually has poor heatsinks, when i use their stuff, i remove the driver, and thermalglue aluminiun or copper cylinder in its place, to make a better heatsink, sometimes i even use steel, when nothing else is availabvle, it is not nearly as good of heatsinking material, as al. or cu, but a lot better than air.

Last edited:

Mrija

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much! I've been searching the forum for Mag 2C mods for couple days...

i think ill go the Cree5 way.

Cya around! :)

Mrija