Quark/Fenix Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverRatMatt

Newly Enlightened
Where are Quark and Fenix lights made? I can't seem to find that info anywhere :x

TwinBlade

Enlightened
Yo RRM. How ya doing my friend?

Both are made in China. The Fenix plant is quite nice. There was a picture thread of the plant and manufacturing process somewhere.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

RiverRatMatt

Newly Enlightened
Hey! Good to see you on here, though Its not surprising seeing a quality knife nut on a quality light forum :p

So even though they're made in China, its not a big deal, eh?
Any companies make theirs in the US?

I'm still in the process of looking for a new general use/weapon light to go with my Fenix L2D I've had for a while :twothumbs

red02

Enlightened
Some LRI lights
HDS
Surefire

.... don't know any others.

Imon

Enlightened
It varies.
Honestly I think any true flashaholic doesn't really care where a light is made as long as it satisfies their needs but since you asked...

Maglite happens to be proud of making in their lights in the US even though components may be from elsewhere.
Same with Streamlight and Princeton Tec.

As others have mentioned Surefire, Ra Lights, and as far as I know Leupold flashlights are made in the US.

RiverRatMatt

Newly Enlightened
I like to buy American products when I can, outsourcing our production, services, hell everything to China and other places isn't going to improve our economy.

Bloke

Newly Enlightened
So even though they're made in China, its not a big deal, eh?

It was my understanding that most of the good stuff is made in China these days.
duckforcover.gif

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was my understanding that most of the good stuff is made in China these days.
duckforcover.gif

Failed in drywall and baby formula big time! Not that hard to manufacture those either.

TwinBlade

Enlightened
RRM, I own 4 brands of lights. Inova, Surefire, Fenix and 4 Sevens. I have at least a couple of each. Inova and Surefire are American made and as bulletproof as it gets. The others are Chinese made and also as bulletproof as it gets. Surefires ROCK because you can buy aftermarket drop in LED assemblies, aftermarket rear switches etc and you can piece them together with different components, commonly referred to on here as "lego".

For example, I have a Surefire C2 Centurion. I took the stock 80 lumen LED assembly out of it and put a 3 mode ThruNite drop in into it. I now have 3, 120 and 300 lumens at my disposal. Wicked bright.

Think of Surefires as Bark Rivers when it comes to choices and customizing.

I am going to suggest this brand for your wants and needs. It will be a good fit for you bro.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jeff

BarryG

Enlightened
I think Inova is making at least some of their light overseas now, not sure how many. I think they started it when purchased by Nite-Ize.
I think the Inforce line is still USA made, maybe other members know for sure.
FWIW, the X1 is a great little light for $20!

Barry

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Where are Quark and Fenix lights made? I can't seem to find that info anywhere :x
This question has now been answered by members.

There are a number of other rather-extensive threads in CPF covering Country-of-Manufacture for flashlights, also US vs China mfg. discussions which some members are beginning with here. These discussions seldom end well and are off-topic for this thread at any rate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.