RRT-0 and D10 clip

yowzer

Enlightened
After seeing multiple threads about how the D10's clip fits the Jetbeam RRT-0, I ordered an extra one (Not about to take off the one living on my D10)... only to discover that the backing plate that the screws thread into won't line up with the holes on the RRT-0's tailcap. This is the XP-G version, and all the pictures I've seen of successfully installed clips were the XR-E versions. Did something about the tailcap bezel change between versions? Anybody managed to get the clip to fit an XP-G RRT?

OCD

Enlightened
I have the R2 and had to sand/grind just a little from the bottom edge of the backing clip to get it to fit on mine. My R2 has the 3 slots and 2 holes. in the tail.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Yowser I'm no expert but there where two versions of RRT-0. The first one had the four
slots on the tailcap and the next version R2 has the 3 slots and two threaded screw holes. CPFers have modded the RRT-0 to use a D10 clip but have to sand down the tailcap down to make space for the backing plate to use with screws through the slots not through the factory threaded screw holes. I have been lagging but I'm going to tap two holes near the "V" on the clip don't know if you know what I'm talking about. It is going to be like a backwards "C" cut in on the left and a "C" cut on the right. I have not seen this mod or at least no photos of this on CPF. I'm not too crazy about using a dremel to sand down or drill my RRT-0. I will send out the body to get machined this week and post photos. I know there are a few RRT-0 post is it cool to post photos on this thread so I don't start another.

lewong

Newly Enlightened
My RRT-0 tail cap has three slots and two threaded screw holes. I was able to use the D10 clip by using one of the slots and one of the threaded screw holes for the backing plate. The one D10 screw that went through the threaded hole is much smaller in diameter than the hole in the tail cap.

I didn't have to modify the tail cap. Like OCD, I had to remove some material from the bottom of the backing plate so the screw holes would line up. I also had to bend the backing plate a little so the curve matched the curve of the tail cap. I used some threadlocker on the screws since there didn't seem to be too many threads going through the backing plate.

I read that Dan FO found that a McGizmo Titanium clip fits the two threaded holes of his RRT-0 R5.

Last edited:

Bloke

Newly Enlightened
whatthe.gif
...... At $23 - $25 for the clip
nuts.gif
I think I'd stick to my stock clip which is a perfect fit on my RRT-0 and has been rock solid 100% reliable so far

yowzer

Enlightened
To clarify: There's no issue with finding holes in the tailcap to put the screws there. There are lots of possibilities. The problem is that the backing plate of the clip, the one that holds the screws, sits high enough that I can't thread the screws into it. I think I'd rather try sanding that down instead of the bit of the tailcap that holds the switch in place....

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
whatthe.gif
...... At $23 - $25 for the clip
nuts.gif
I think I'd stick to my stock clip which is a perfect fit on my RRT-0 and has been rock solid 100% reliable so far

As much as I normally detest clip-on clips, the one that comes with the RRT-0 is quite solid. Enough so that for the small amount of clip usage mine sees, it works just fine.

kdaq

Newly Enlightened
As much as I normally detest clip-on clips, the one that comes with the RRT-0 is quite solid. Enough so that for the small amount of clip usage mine sees, it works just fine.
Agreed. Incidentally, the clip is almost identical to the one used on the Fenix LD10 R4:

rrt0_clip.jpg

yowzer

Enlightened
I've had too many bad experiences with clip-on pocket clips to really trust it, even if it does fit snugger than most. Hence wanting to use a screwed-on clip.

Dan FO

Enlightened
What thread size are the holes in the RRT-0 and are the ones in the E3S the same size?

Last edited: