PLEASE HELP :( EXPERT ADVICE NEEDED NEW SINGLE CELL FLASHLIGHT

which is best for my needs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xxjjjxx123

Newly Enlightened
i am new to this forum but i know the golden rule, always search the forum before posting any questions. so believe me i did that before posting. i know there are great threads regarding single cell cr123 batteries, but every1 has diff requirments so they didnt help me. i need a single cell cr123 flashligth. i never use rechrgable so i dont need that. but i have very specific requirements.
it needs to have great throw, splill is a bonus, but not necessary. this light will be mounted to an ar 15 rifle, but i dint want a light with a rail b/c i may want to use it in my pocket as well. it must have a full power strobe feature to disorient. it must also be click activated, no twisy. am i bieng to picky. i looked into the nitecore ex10, the olight t10, and the fenix pd 20. each light hs most of what i need, but none have all of what i need. also the brighter the better lol. at least 145 lumens, anything between 50 -150$$$ works. to list my inventory

fenix tk40, jetbeam rrt-3, and olight sr90 intimidator (o yeah)
thanks in advance and please dont be rude its my first post. thanks all, and looking foward to hearing your expertise.

Imon

Enlightened
I'm not sure that there is a huge market for a single 123 cell weapons light but perhaps you should look into the Surefire M300a Mini Scout. It seems to fit three of your requirements - 1x123, well suited to be mounted on a weapon, and with good throw.
No strobe mode but also, arguably, overrated.

So what is the big downside? Price. :broke:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would prefer a larger light for an AR. Something like the EagleTac P20C2 mkII or slightly larger T20C2 mkII seems perfect for you.

- Runs on 2x123 primaries
- Good throw
- Good output (270 OTF Lumens!)
- Forward clicky
- Available pressure switch
- Strobe

The P20C2 is a bit smaller (shorter and narrower) than the T20C2 and will be more easily pocketable. They're not "large" lights IMO and can be easily carried in your pocket.
The advantage to a light of this size/type is much extended runtime, better throw, better heat dissipation.
I don't recall if the PD20 has a reverse or forward clicky. I wouldn't want a reverse clicky for a weapon light as there's no momentary. EX10 has no clicky...it's an electronic switch actuated by the piston mechanism, so no momentary and there's chances for accidental activation.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ra clicky sounds perfect. Get a 140 narrow (very good throw, even in well lit urban environments).

Program it so that each of the first three modes are the maximum output, and the pressholdrelease is strobe.

It'll always be on max. output, and you can merely hold the strobe to activate.

Best built of your choices, and most likely to withstand recoil.

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
The Ra clicky sounds perfect. Get a 140 narrow (very good throw, even in well lit urban environments).

Program it so that each of the first three modes are the maximum output, and the pressholdrelease is strobe.

It'll always be on max. output, and you can merely hold the strobe to activate.

Best built of your choices, and most likely to withstand recoil.

+1

xxjjjxx123

Newly Enlightened
thank you all so much for the responses. in the meantim i bought the fenix pd20, nd the nitecore ex10, just to test out. here is the thing, some1 mentiond getting a larger light, and i think i am fine with a 2x cr123 light. i see on ebay they sell a ultrafire l2 sst-50 with 5 modes rated at 665 lumens. am i crazy to believe a torch can actaully put out that much power with just 2x cr123, the seller says its 5 mode as well. 99% of all sst50 lights i see run on an 18650 battery and only have 1 mode. so is this false advertising. i am not acussing anyone of that i am just weary from chinese sellers claim false facts. if its true what do you think about that light??? thanks in advance i love this forum b/c i feel there is a plethora of knowledge on here from so may educated people s yourselves. Tx again. :)

xxjjjxx123

Newly Enlightened
here are 3 ebay auction items tell me what you experts think...

just cut and paste these ebay item #'s into the ebay search box

1) 150492880857
2) 260639233960
3) 130416865205

are these lumens really accurate?