Hi guys ,how do you think titanium,if you would buy a titanium flashlight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good day

Newly Enlightened
I love titanium flashlights for a long time.The first one i owned could back to three years ago and my first sense to it is very very wonderful .From then on ,i can not help but fell in love with titanium.Strong sense of metal that make me feel i am a real man ,great processing and beautiful design .Got it from one science article that titanium is hunman's friend as it is very friendly to people'skin and wouldn't leave metallic flavour no matter how long you use it in your hands,at the same time it is friendly to our body and can rather easy to compliant with ours blood .Also it is a friend of environment as it can be easy recycling.What'more it is very durable .I bought a ti flashlight same as the follow one months ago ,it is still look like a new ,but it takes me 90$:devil:.These pcs is one of my friend's as my skill of pcs is not good.The first ti i bought lost six months ago in one travel which made me sad for a long time ,i feel myself is the most unluck man ,so terrible.:banghead:
It is realy not easy for me to put those pcs on the CPF,it taked me several hours to lean how to post pcs here.what'more,when i leaned how to post pcs made so many errors that administer of CPF think me is a spamer and baned me ,bad luck.But ,i still have to thanks these administer let me recover my account :grin2:

guys ,how do you think titanium,if you would buy a titanium flashlight ? I would buy it if it is within 150$,how about you ?:)

5028752852_22b35aab6f.jpg

5028125897_75153786d3.jpg

5028117305_af16eb20dd.jpg

5029306526_bcc222ac82.jpg

lovecpf

Imon

Enlightened
No guys interesting in Ti flashlight ?Only myself like Ti flashlight so much ,or there is somethong else i don't know:confused:

I'm sure many of us like titanium flashlights. We just don't like to pay for them :broke:

Aluminum is lightweight, cheap, and quite sturdy - it is perfectly suitable for me. :)

The flashlight in your original picture is pretty good looking too.

Good day

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure many of us like titanium flashlights. We just don't like to pay for them :broke:

Aluminum is lightweight, cheap, and quite sturdy - it is perfectly suitable for me. :)

The flashlight in your original picture is pretty good looking too.
Guy thanks for your identify with my pcs ,althought it takes me 90 dollars ,i still think it is worthy these money:).Yes ,Aluminum is lightweight, cheap, and quite sturdy,but Titanium alloy also not heavy ,what's more it is high strength, good corrosion resistance than Auminium alloy :thumbsup:.The most problem is it's price is a little high:duh2:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I LOVE titanium lights!! I own several! My favorite is the McGizmo Haiku.

choombak

Enlightened
I like Titanium lights, and own a Arc AAA Ti (that was sent by Arc as a replacement and since I was troubled a lot with their CS), but frankly, the cost turns me down. Hence, I typically end up getting HAIII Al lights, that provide the same functionality, with low cost.

Meanwhile, the light in your picture is really good looking one.

-Amarendra

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
Titanium has many qualities that make it great for flashlight use and a lot of the custom titanium lights are pieces of functional art. I find bare polished Titanium a bit ostentatious for EDC use and doesn't really suit my style. I think the AlTiN coated lights or bead blasted or stonewashed finishes is less "blingy" and more suitable for EDC.

A lot of people mistake Titanium with indestructability or "bomb-proofedness". Titanium is stronger than aluminium but there are a lot more things to consider in making a light bomb-proof other than the body of the material (refer to the HDS Clicky/Twisty).

Don't get me wrong. I like Titanium lights as much as the next guy and my Holy Grail is the Ti HDS/Ra Clicky. It's the only one that I can see myself using as an EDC and not relegating it to a shelf queen. Although I have been eyeing a couple of Mac's and McGizmo's light.......:whistle:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I love titanium even though aluminum is more practical. I have 3 4sevens titanium flashlights. All the other brands try to rip you off by charging 3 times what the aluminum version costs. If anybody else builds a fairly priced good titanium flashlight I'll buy it.

The 4sevens titaniums were under $90 and really good quality with a great waranty. I haven't seen anybody match it. I would not spend $150 for it. Very pretty flashlight but I know nothing about it.

Last edited:

Good day

Newly Enlightened
Maybe Titanium alloy is not lightheavy as Aluminium alloy ,it is also very lightheavy ,this is one factor that it is well received in Aviation field .Also ,it is a healthy material and well received in Medicine field .:)

Dan FO

Enlightened
There are 3 titanium McGizmos in my avatar and I like them just fine. :D

Good day

Newly Enlightened
I love titanium even though aluminum is more practical. I have 3 4sevens titanium flashlights. All the other brands try to rip you off by charging 3 times what the aluminum version costs. If anybody else builds a fairly priced good titanium flashlight I'll buy it.

The 4sevens titaniums were under $90 and really good quality with a great waranty. I haven't seen anybody match it. I would not spend $150 for it. Very pretty flashlight but I know nothing about it.
Yes,you are right ,the most problem is that some manufacturer on purpose to pitch up the price of Ti ,it is so bad:thumbsdow.Of course ,you wouldn't see any guys match it ,it is not sold at other places except china :)

Good day

Newly Enlightened
Sorry ,i am not say i will buy the Ti flashlight that i posted above for 150 $.I wouldn't buy it if it is over 100$ ,i just ask if you would buy a very wonderful Ti for 150 $,not the above one .:)

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Good day, if this is not to be considered a production LED flashlight, this thread doesn't belong in the /LED Flashlights/ subforum. You might want to consider posting about it in the /Custom-Modified/ subforum.

On the other hand, if this is a production flashlight that will be marketed to CPFers, please be aware that 'feeler' threads are not permitted - discussion of pricing would be inappropriate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.