Pelican M6 lithium?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing except the small pic at Plican's website. Probably will use Pelican's prefocused aluminum lamp assembly, and will have a very narrow, high quality beam.

Pelican makes good stuff, but some don't like the narrow beams from the Pel. lights.

--dan

Size15's

Flashaholic
Some 'guy' at SS2002 had a proto-type in his pocket. Most likely didn't listen to a word I said (demanding pre-focused rather then defocusing) (demanding waterproof rather then the water-resistant direction Pelican seems to be going) (demanding a secure disable feature, brightly coloured bodies, with a lanyard)

:shrugs:

Al

SuRgE

Enlightened
Well I'm lookin forward to seeing this torch. I have several Pelican dive lights that I love. they have all the certifications and are waterproof to 500 feet. I sure hope this new one has similar quality.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Agreed!

I got interested in flashlights through the Pelican StealthLights. I have two. They have never failed me, even when I was very drunk on field-trips.

Al
smile.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw it today

Not waterproof or Div 1; too hot a bulb in an aluminum case
Semi De-focusable, not to the point of a big black hole
7+ watts, 100+ lumens, 100+ minutes run time
MSRP $60 = street price $40 a nice alternative to SF 6P

Will be able to post pics in two weeks once the knurling is finalaized; all other aspects of the lights are "done"

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I wonder if it wall have a focus capability. I don't think any Pelican has that. I lawys thought it was a goofy feature, as it always makes the beam quality go to crap...

--dan

freewheelin'

Enlightened
Sounds good to me, I like pelican lights. Whats the size" What batts. does it use? I'm in, $40.00 for 105 lumens.

Zephyr

Enlightened
Originally posted by Mr Ted Bear:
Saw it today

Will be able to post pics in two weeks once the knurling is finalaized; all other aspects of the lights are "done"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ted,

I'm just wondering if you work for Pelican products? You seem to know so much about this M6 flashlight. I live near Pelican's main office in Torrance and wondering if you're from that area? Just curious...Thanks.

Sincerely,
Zeph M.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Mr Ted Bear:
Saw it today

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I thought it was a two cell light? but those stats would not be posible from two 123's. Is it a three cell light?
smile.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zep

Me? Pelikan? Nope.... I live in Northridge, and own my own business.

Know so much about the M6?
As I said earlier, I became aware of the product back in February/Shot 2002, and have been following the development of the light since then. Specs are printed on the package, and if you noticed, everything I wrote was in responce to others questions about the light

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jt
it's a 2 cell

you are correct. the numbers don't pencil out, so I suspect that the lumen output may have been the measurement of the bare bulb without the reflector....

can't say about the runtime or wattage. from my experiece with their dive lights, peilkan normally doesn't inflate their claims like most others. still, the 123s don't have the capacity to run 7.2 watts for 100+ minutes... don't know, only got to play with it for 10 minutes.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The proto-type I played with at the SHOT Show 2002 was very similar to a SureFire P60 in output. However, a tradeshow is not the best place to compare flashlight beams.

Al

D

**DONOTDELETE**

"...a tradeshow is not the best place to compare flashlight beams."
Those bright overhead lamps used in that Vegas hall will reduce even the intense beam of the mighty Maxabeam to near Maglite Solitaire levels.

Size15's

Flashaholic
With light, it's a lot to do with what we see using our eyes... At least that's one of the key advantages of light (being able to see it)

Seeing differences in light output is very subjective. I am sure my brain plays tricks on me. It's sometimes difficult not to see what you want to see.

Al