G2 Nitrolon eye candy(pics)?

DiamondCut2_0

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered myself a Surefire G2BLK + 12 SF123A batteries and I'm waiting for it to arrive. This will be my first quality/edc flashlight. Anyone have pics of the G2 in hand, beamshots, etc.? What should I expect? Thank you for your time.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Sorry, no pics here, but I think you will like it. It will probably be smaller than you expect and very well built. A very good and economical choice for your first quality light.

You can also order a P61 Lamp Assembly for it and get twice the light output [at the expense of a shorter battery life].

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best deal on a powerful light there is! I recently aquired one and I can't believe how much I like it. I'm running it with a black KL3 but even stock, it's a winner! I have owned only aluminum SF's since the middle '80's and never thought I'd like a "plastic" light. :>)

outlaw918692000

Newly Enlightened
My G2 with the p61 lamp will light up stopsigns 5 blocks away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

onelight

Enlightened
IF you put the p61 in your g2 close your eyes and shine the light on your face you see red spots, a nice change from the usual white spots. You also feel heat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
outlaw, is anything like that possible in NYC? Only way I can see myself lighting up a stop sign 5 blocks away from reading this site is a SL US, Tigerlight, of the new Magcharger.

The G2 looks good, simple, bright, and the option to add in a P61 and be like HS (Holy well you know) to the beam is cool, just another $60 to save towards the SF M6 though. The way I'm going it'll take me forever to get my M6 (just went shopping, oh my gosh, I'm broke, hahaha.)

Check out how bright my maglite 2D is, uhm, look into my wall of light, hahahahahahaha. Its a sickness I know.

DiamondCut2_0

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies. It may ship tomorrow so I guess I'll be getting it on Saturday or Tuesday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif(The dealer I ordered from is in the same city). Thanks again for your time!