HDS Clicky Screw Holes

CPFBiology

Enlightened
The HDS clicky is a nice light, however the screw holes make it less than perfect. How do you deal with the screw holes? Do you cover them up with some sort of filler, or do you just put the screws in? Is there some alternative, or do you leave the holes exposed? I also want it to look nice, as nice as the nice beam it puts out. Not trying to rag on the HDS Clicky, but I do want to make mine more aesthetically pleasing, making it a more perfect overall package.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are screws without heads that fit snuggly inside those holes, and do not protrude. Check with that link above with AWTYD and he maybe able to help you out with some free screws.

nbp

Flashaholic
"Deal with the holes"....?????

Yeah I "deal" with them by putting clips on them the way you're supposed to. :nana:

I cant figure you guys out who just let your Ras flop around in the bottoms of your pockets. It's too large for that. All mine have clips and they make the light so much more user friendly.

michelkenny

Newly Enlightened
"Deal with the holes"....?????

Yeah I "deal" with them by putting clips on them the way you're supposed to. :nana:

I cant figure you guys out who just let your Ras flop around in the bottoms of your pockets. It's too large for that. All mine have clips and they make the light so much more user friendly.

Because the Clickies that ship now only come with the bezel down clip that goes between the battery tube and tail cap. The screw holes are no longer used. Actually, the clips that use the holes are not even available as an accessory anymore on the website.

stallion2

Enlightened
this was my solution. i had also tried some round head screws that worked ok. i was basically looking for something that improved upon the anti-rolling already provided by the clip. when it tried these screws it exceeded my expectations. they protrude just far enough to where the body doesn't actually rest on the surface. the screws and the edge of clip's ring form a kind of tripod that is perfect. though purely by chance, the light itself sits perfectly parallel to whatever surface it rests on. the screw heads are completely unnoticeable when pocketed.

RaClicky-1.jpg

ever4ever

Newly Enlightened
I didn't like the original clip.
I filled the holes up with some clear epoxy and stuck two small green tritium vials in there. its not the most efficient way to use a trit but if the light is close to me (less than 2 meters) I can find it in complete darkness in a second.

Plus it gives it an Evil green eye look :devil:

jslappa

Enlightened
Perhaps you could fill the holes with clear nailpolish. It'll work like epoxy, but it's much easier to remove with simple nailpolish remover.

Though, I would love to see what the light looks like with trite stuffed in the holes.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I didnt like stock clip so put an Oveready clip. Tried AWTYD filler screws and could not get one screw in all the way and it started to bind so I just put the stock screws on as a filler no biggie.
DSC03007.jpg

dyril

Newly Enlightened
I use a Dremel cut-off wheel to shorten some hex-socket 4-40 x 1/2" stainless steel screws to the needed 3/16". The heat from cutting yellows the silver color but I like it; using a butane torch lighter darkens them one shade.