Any enhancements for to my angle head flashlight?

Spango

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have one of those angle head flashlights (we call it the 'L Torch') using 2 AA cells, and currently, it sucks big time! Are there any LED heads I can get to turn it into an ***-kicking light? That'd be sweet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DiamondCut2_0

Newly Enlightened
Wow..Thanks for the info! I have the 2D model made by Fulton and it does suck big time(beam wise). I went out one night looking for my dog and couldn't see anything. The light was too dim! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif The other light I had was a Brinkmann Rebel. Same story. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Thanks again for the info! You guys are a bad influence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any enhancements for to my angle head flashlig

Spango,
I fully agree with the beam opinion, had to put up with that garbage (with red filter) for 5 weeks of games in Korea. Today, I have the Anglelux and it is very bright and will run for 24 hours on 2D cells. Sort of wish I can go back to Korea and check it out.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

Considering it takes 2 AA's, I would think that if you can somehow manage to put a Luxeon pill in it would be great. I figure you're getting really puny light from it to begin with. Check out The Sandwich Shoppe as well.

Spango

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
BentHeadTX said:
Spango,
I fully agree with the beam opinion, had to put up with that garbage (with red filter) for 5 weeks of games in Korea. Today, I have the Anglelux and it is very bright and will run for 24 hours on 2D cells. Sort of wish I can go back to Korea and check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

True! The light put out by my Anglehad flashlight is useless! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif There is a big hole in the center of the beam!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

DiamondCut2_0

Newly Enlightened

My dad gave me a straighthead flashlight he got in the Airforce about 20 years ago. The bulb still works but the reflector is tarnished(?). Anyway, I found a beam shaper in the little compartment under the light a few nights ago, and it makes the beam much smoother. No darkspots, and the beam is a perfect circle. Just gives me something to play with while I wait for my Anglelux /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

The straighthead is made by Bright Star. MX-993/U

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Steelwolf,
My Anglelux 2D (Anglehead light by Elektrolumens) is made of plastic and uses the micropuck. Considering it is a voltage regulator, which is not as rigidly regulated as a current regulator...it generates less heat and does not overdrive the LS. Just put the largest and thickest heatsink in the flashlight and epoxy it to the inside of the head. The heatsink will give off the heat to the plastic, just not nearly as well.
If you try a 5W LS, better water cool it.