issue with a jet-III M R5

trailman282

Newly Enlightened
quick question with my jet-III M R5 Not all the time but a portion of the time when turning it on with the high output selected it comes on with the lowest strobe setting instead of the high output. Any ideas? I have already changed batteries and reset the light but it did not correct the problem.

BarryG

Enlightened
Mine did the same thing and all it took for me was a quick cleaning of the threads and contacts at the head.

Barry

BarryG

Enlightened
Wiped the threads with a cloth and used a pencil eraser on the contacts of the head.:thumbsup:
Hope it works for ya'

Barry

steve68

Newly Enlightened
I have had that problem also (and an few more)

- the jet started with strobe on high position (head turned on high)
- it went dark after 2 or three minutes
- nothing happend after pressing the switch - only started then after turning the head.

I have sent ist back for a service and they told me, the switch was not correct installed.

So try also this option.

Many regards

Steve

trailman282

Newly Enlightened
Yea I think I will have to send it in, after using it some more tonight it is still acting up part of the time. It seems like a pretty impressive light other than the malfunction.

BarryG

Enlightened
Hope you get it fixed. It sure is fun to go out with your buddies and let them use a M2g thats twice the size and pull out a little light and blow them away:party:

It really is a great light.

Barry

lpd226

Newly Enlightened
Love mine! If you haven't seen the torture test for it on youtube you gotta check it out. Search jetbeam military and watch you'll be amazed.

samm

Newly Enlightened
I had switch problems too, would just shut off on me and be erratic. Drove me nuts fo 2 days, lol. Would not turn on sometime at all. Lowest strobe setting would randomly come on and a few other things. Cleaned it, tightened the retainer, etc, nothing. Since it was only a couple days old I just exchanged it for my Fenix TK15. I didn't like the way the tail and front spring dug into the batteries either. Left deep grooves and a dent in both my AW18650 and 2 primaries CR123's.With just normal tightening. I got the one bad one out of a thousand probably. I loved tint and beam, it was premium, the best and I loved the light, I'm sure I would have gotten a good one if exchanged for the same light. But the battery marks bothered me, kinda wrecked a new $20 AW18650, maybe the spring was too long or too sharp by mistake. May try my luck again in the future since it was a beautiful light with good reviews.