WOW!!! This is nuts!!!

big70tom

Newly Enlightened
I bought my first REAL flashlight, OLITE T15. Its unbelievable!!! Ive always had cheap lights, but for $35 this thing is better than any Mag Ive ever thought of having!! Now I have the fever. I was going to buy a M20 Warrior, but started reading about drop ins, etc.., Can anyone help me. For the $150 I am going to spend what is the best way to go. I camp, I walk at night. Yes everyone wants that blast of power to look down the street 10 miles, but this little OLIGHT brightens up everything. Id appreciate some opinions please. M20 Warrior? Maelstrom? Eagletac? Do the drop in deal? Im not an idiot, ive just never done the drop in thing, but if thats what is best, I can figure it out!! Thanks fellaslovecpf

SantaClawz

Newly Enlightened
I bought my first REAL flashlight, OLITE T15. Its unbelievable!!! Ive always had cheap lights, but for $35 this thing is better than any Mag Ive ever thought of having!! Now I have the fever. I was going to buy a M20 Warrior, but started reading about drop ins, etc.., Can anyone help me. For the $150 I am going to spend what is the best way to go. I camp, I walk at night. Yes everyone wants that blast of power to look down the street 10 miles, but this little OLIGHT brightens up everything. Id appreciate some opinions please. M20 Warrior? Maelstrom? Eagletac? Do the drop in deal? Im not an idiot, ive just never done the drop in thing, but if thats what is best, I can figure it out!! Thanks fellaslovecpf

Get a Fenix TK40. I got one a few days ago and after using cheap Maglites for years, it was quite the upgrade in brightness. It's around the $150 mark too.

chanjyj

Enlightened
Get a Fenix TK40. I got one a few days ago and after using cheap Maglites for years, it was quite the upgrade in brightness. It's around the $150 mark too.

I'll second that. At this moment you want raw power so this suits you just fine.
Later, maybe later down the road you learn about other considerations :devil:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you looking for power or quality? For quality around the $150 mark, I always recommend an HDS/Ra clicky. It's the highest rated light on CPF.

flashfiend

Enlightened
If you're going to use this outdoors, I'd get a nailbender drop-in with a warm LED or make a Mag85 (plenty of different iterations of this light). I'd love to give you more details but I'm low on time. Hopefully other members can chime in. The TK40 is a good suggestion but as far as I know these only come with cool white LEDs. Great output and throw but the drawback outdoors will be depth and color.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the benefit of the "drop in thing" is that you get to choose very specifically what you want in a host, switch, emitter, batteries, etc... and put them all together. Don't get me wrong, there are a TON of manufacture options out there and a light with almost any combination of features can be found by simply asking the community. If, however, you are the kind who won't be satisfied knowing that you had to compromise on one or more aspects of your off the shelf light, you might as well build exactly what you want. And honestly, as long as you don't go too crazy with the host (completely custom Titanium etc...) $150.00 will take you pretty far with custom components.

Oh, and welcome to CPF!

skillet

Enlightened
To be perfectly honest, you should spend another $35 on another flashlight and the other $135 on batteries.. CR123's have an aroma like none other.. Keep 'em stored close to everywhere you sit or lay or stand or walk.. It's almost euphoric in its effect...

Gives me goose pimples thinkin' about it...

Gordon

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
To be perfectly honest, you should spend another $35 on another flashlight and the other $135 on batteries.. CR123's have an aroma like none other.. Keep 'em stored close to everywhere you sit or lay or stand or walk.. It's almost euphoric in its effect...

Gives me goose pimples thinkin' about it...

Gordon
You scare me, are you a tweaker? :poke: :p

fishx65

Enlightened
I would spend some time studying the world of p60 hosts, dropins and 18650 lithium ion batteries. Lots of options out there and more on the way.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
variety is the spice of life, get a couple different lights.

$75 gets you a very nice $120 used light in the market place

buy 2 :)

big70tom

Newly Enlightened
OK, I had good luck with the OLIGHT thing, so I bought a OLIGHT M21 on Ebay for 94$ I looked at the RA, and talked to a guy on the phone who told me all companies lumen ratings are not created equal........ Id like to try to build a light, found a site OVERREADY, found a Surefire Housing....... then I was lost. Dont know what to do next. Id like to try and build a smaller light that was of VERY high quality, Quality over Quantity so to speak. Hopefully I did not just completely sound like an idiot.lovecpf

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
SST 90 Mag or i'd prefer the TK30 over the TK40. Or have a look at the Eagletac M2C4 (the outcoming M3C4 seems to not meet their spec in output).

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I had good luck with the OLIGHT thing, so I bought a OLIGHT M21 on Ebay for 94$ I looked at the RA, and talked to a guy on the phone who told me all companies lumen ratings are not created equal........ Id like to try to build a light, found a site OVERREADY, found a Surefire Housing....... then I was lost. Dont know what to do next. Id like to try and build a smaller light that was of VERY high quality, Quality over Quantity so to speak. Hopefully I did not just completely sound like an idiot.lovecpf

OMG, you didn't listen to us and are already way on the slope, it's too late now... :shakehead

Soon you'll find McGizmo, Mac's little powermonsters and so on. Welcome to the club of the :broke: :broke: :broke:

There's always a better light, I just bought it! :devil:

How was that song about CPF : You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...