Hi guys, do you like or dislike titanium LED flashlights ?

Good day

Newly Enlightened
I have to post this thread again ,as my original thread was closed by one moderator .It was my fault to make a moderator wrong to think i was making a feeler as i mentioned price :shakehead.Now,i must clarify myself ,the flashlight i posted in my original thread was bought mostly a years ago ,so how could i taked it to make a feeler :).I only want to know there are how many guys like Ti flashlight just the same as me(because it is so attractive )and why you like Ti flashlight or not ,what'more which one is your most favorite and why?

Let'me ask again why you like Ti flashlight or not and which Ti flashlight is your favourites and why?:grin2: I bought my first Ti flashlight three years ago and i own four Ti

Good day

Newly Enlightened
Re: Hi guys ,how do you think titanium flashlight and why you like it or not?

OH OH OH,no guys like Ti flashlight ?:thinking:

kramer5150

Flashaholic

If I could afford one... perhaps I would be able to respond to this thread and provide useful first hand feedback. Sorry.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast

What, exactly, are you looking for? Of course we like Ti, but the forum is slow right now and I'm not really sure what people are supposed to say in this thread...

Good day

Newly Enlightened

if i am not should post this thread here?if so ,which sub forum should i post this in :confused:

kramer5150

Flashaholic

if i am not should post this thread here?if so ,which sub forum should i post this in :confused:

This is the proper forum to discuss likes and dislikes of Ti lights.

Clearly English is not your native language... it seems like you are just looking for general opinions from other members about Ti lights... general likes and dislikes.

Good day

Newly Enlightened

This is the proper forum to discuss likes and dislikes of Ti lights.

Clearly English is not your native language... it seems like you are just looking for general opinions from other members about Ti lights... general likes and dislikes.
Thank you guy ,yes ,English is not my native language.I am sorry for my poor engligh .Friend ,you are right :thumbsup:,i just looking for general opinions about Ti lights , general likes and dislikes.:)

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast

As kramer said, you are in the right place. I'm just wondering what you want to know. I've never used a Ti light, but I've used some Ti tools and I really like the metal. Also, your english is pretty good, just a bit clumsy. :thumbsup:

kingofwylietx

Enlightened

I like Ti because it is light weight, durable, and not as common as some other materials. I like most things when you make them from Ti. Sometimes I prefer the satin look, but mostly polished. It's cool metal.

I don't currently have a favorite titanium flashlight. Another reason I like Ti flashlights is that they are generally very good quality. That is probably because they tend to cost more to produce, so the manufacturers use higher end components (because relative to the product, the components become a smaller percentage of cost).

I don't have any dislikes.

Edited to add that I like Ti's corrosion resistance.

Last edited:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have no preference for titanium lights. While it is certainly a much stronger metal than either aluminum or even stainless steel, it's heavier than aluminum and a much poorer thermal conductor, and LEDs will make a lot of heat when driven at high outputs. I don't have any need for something that strong, or that will give me pause in using a light because of thermal issues. The only way I would consider buying a titanium light would be if I were to buy a McGizmo custom.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Titanium is only stronger than steel by weight. In terms of parts of equal dimension steel is stronger.

Good day

Newly Enlightened

Thank you WYager :).One factor i like Ti flashlight is that it can give me a cool touch and make me feel i am a real man,a strong sense of metal :twothumbs

Good day

Newly Enlightened

Titanium is only stronger than steel by weight. In terms of parts of equal dimension steel is stronger.
As far as i know ,Titanium alloy is lightweight than Aluminium alloy .so,it is should lightweight than steel

Good day

Newly Enlightened

LEDs will make a lot of heat when driven at highput
Yes ,that is right, LEDs will make a lot of heat when driven at high outputs.So Ti is not very suitable for very high lumens ,but it is wonderful in not too high output,what'more Ti flashlight is very beautiful and functional (of course ,this is depends on manufacturer 's design).Ti flashlight is rather durable and corrosion attack .:thumbsup:

Good day

Newly Enlightened

McGizmo custom and 4/7 tactical AA are great ,beautiful design and very functional

Imon

Enlightened

:confused:

I'm really confused to which direction this thread is heading. Are we talking about a particular or general LED flashlight here or are we talking about metallurgy?

If it is the latter, I believe this is the wrong forum to discuss this subject.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast

:confused:

I'm really confused to which direction this thread is heading. Are we talking about a particular or general LED flashlight here or are we talking about metallurgy?

I think he just wants to chat about Ti lights, nothing specific..

Burgess

Flashaholic

As far as i know ,Titanium alloy is lightweight than Aluminium alloy .so,it is should lightweight than steel

Hello Good_Day --

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

According to what i've read, Titanium is about 60% HEAVIER than Aluminum.

I own 3 titanium flashlights -- all are 4Sevens models.

2xAA Quark - Serial # 509

1xAA Q-MiNi - Serial # 113

1xAAA Preon - Serial # 175

These are all Beautiful flashlights, which were offered to us at a GREAT price !

Never thought i'd ever be able to afford Titanium.

Thank you, 4Sevens ! ! !

:twothumbs
_

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast

While titanium is attractive and unique, I think it's a poor metal for flashlights. Ti is both a poor thermal and electrical conductor relative to aluminum. So you get more resistance (lower light output and heat build up due to resistance) and less ability to shed heat (resulting in yet lower output because the LED heats up).
As for strength, take the flashlight with the thinnest wall thickness you own or know of and run over it with your car. It won't crush! The circular structure is inherently strong to radial crushing (the reason why arches in structures are so strong), so even thin aluminum will be fine for durability in a light.
Titanium offers no technical or quantifiable advantages for flashlights. It appeals to the enthusiasts to own something different, unique, and rare.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think you misunderstand what I am saying. 1 pound of steel and 1 pound of titanium drawn into a plate. The titanium is lighter and will take up more physical space and could made thicker and would likely be stronger for a given weight. But if you were talking about say a 1 inch thick plate of steel vs titanium then steel will be stronger although heavier.