Darell, yours?

Tomas

Banned
This your new solar-powered Mini, Darell? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mini-sol.jpg

T_sig6.gif

(Ripped off and cleaned up from a Radio Shack catalog ... couldn't resist.)

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Tomas, you are a mean guy!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
bernhard

Brock

Flashaholic
Hey if you tip them back a bit you might get some lift and even better mileage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Ha! Wait until you see the first Mini EV-retrofit that ACP is planning for new investors. 0-60 in four seconds?! Yeow!

Heck, I'd even take one like you have pictured! Always liked the Mini - though I think I'd actually like one of the originals when they really WERE mini!

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old Mini's have a bunch more character than any 4 wheeled vehicle since the dawn of time, plus they are a hoot to drive. However, i wouldnt take one on the road now. With all the safety features on modern cars, the old mini now looks comparable to an old biscuit tin WRT crash survivability. You would need to significantly reinforce all the main structural parts.
The mini is a relic of a bygone era, before roads were totally crowded, and before the current craze for SUV's (god i hate those things). Personally, id take a Smart roadster ahead of the New Mini.

highlandsun

Enlightened
I just saw that AC Propulsion has tested their Tzero using LiIon batteries a few days ago. Very cool, vehicle weight down to 2000lbs, but still better range than Lead-Acid. Amazing that they assembled packs out of 18650 cells, instead of using one of the large 50Ah or 100Ah cells from e.g. Powerstream.