Zebralight SC51 vs H51 HELP

jama12uk

Newly Enlightened
Is the only difference between the SC51 and the H51 other than the position of the led. (H51 side) headlamp and (SC51 top) flashlight.

Does the hotspot, spill or anything else vary. As far as I can tell they vary in no other way according to the tech spec.

HELP

Thanks

:sick:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
You already answered your question. If you are asking, "which one should I buy?". That's up to you. For me, the H51 is more versatile because it is a headlamp with a reflector, which means hand-free use without the throw limitation of the floody headlamps. It can also be use as a flashlight just like the SC51 (just held a little differently)

Last edited:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are the same light. The only difference is as you said, the position of the led.

uknewbie

Banned
You already answered your question. If you are asking, "which one should I buy?". That's up to you. For me, the H51 is more versatile because it is a headlamp with a reflector, which means hand-free use without the throw limitation of the floody headlamps. It can also be use as a flashlight just like the SC51 (just held a little differently)

Yeah, that is how I saw it too, hence I have ordered an H51 :twothumbs

I have the H501 and think it is great. This one should be brighter with some throw, sounds good to me.

Dan FO

Enlightened
Isn't the reflector deeper on the SC51 giving more throw?

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good question! I never thought about that. CPF member nekomane compared the H51 and the Jetbeam RRT-0 here https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/283934&page=8

His impression was:

"My recent favorite light has been the Jetbeam RRT-0. It uses the convenient AA battery (with adapter), has sufficient output, simple UI, and quality machining. The H51 delivers something similar in a much smaller package."

While this comparison doesn't answer your question if the SC51 has more throw, it indicates that the H51 has some throw.

kiwicrunch

Newly Enlightened

I asked zebralight whether different reflectors are used for the SC51 and H51. Apparently not. Answer below:

Subject: H51 vs. SC51 throw

They are exactly the same except the LED/switch position.

Sincerely,
Lillian Xu