Problems with Thrunite XPG G2zLED

adam155724

Newly Enlightened
Ive been using my Thrunite XPG dropin for a while now in a solarforce host as a light on my long gun. I ordered a G2Z LED and attempted to switch the Thrunite with the regular SF dropin. Works in the solarforce host but not the G2ZLED host. Any ideas? Am I missing something? Using the same batts only factor is the host. SF works with its regular dropin and batts as well.

Adam

Midnight Oil

Enlightened
Does the Thrunite module rattle in the head with the batteries removed? The pill needs to make contact with the top of the metallic sleeve. This does not happen if the dropin is too short. Either shim the gap between the bottom of the pill and the top of the metalic sleeve with a ring of wire or shim the top of the reflector against the ledge in the bezel supporting the lens, which in effect pushes the dropin down so the pill bears on the top of the metallic sleeve.

adam155724

Newly Enlightened
I think I found why LAPG's 1st gen G2Z led was so cheap. It appears the head is nitrolon, and not metal. I switched out for the solarforce head and the dropin rattled. Added some foil and it works like a charm. Thanks for the help guys.

Adam

TwinBlade

Enlightened
The large spring needs to come off. I found this out the hard way and from some excellent forum advice.