M90 Rattlesnake & AW 18640 2600mah

avperry

Newly Enlightened
I have the M90/LF EO-13 combination with 3 AW 18650 2600mah batts. The batts have 3 indentations in the bottom from the contact points and dont fire up. I use the CH-13 charger from Wolf-Eyes. Should I use the 1.6mm magnets from Lighthound, get a WF-139 charger or get a new tailcap? If I do use the magnets I'll wrap the batts with electric tape and use the tailcap charger. The light doesnt lightu at all when I put the charger on and I'm pretty sure its supposed to. What should I do to fix this?

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I have the same set up as well as various 9 and 12 volt lamps. Many of my cells also have the 3 bumps and thus far all seem to do fine. I would first ask you to try another lamp such as a 9 volt with 2 of the 18650 and see if they make contact and work.....it is very possible the 13 volt lamp is toasted. If you have any spare 12 or 13 volt lamps maybe try another to see if they work.

Maybe try reversing the cells with negative end down as my M90 with incans will run with the cells negative down as well as up. I do have a few older cells that will not make contact when put in one direction but work fine when reversed.

I really feel it may be your lamp as I have received some of the 13 volts that were dead on arrival. If I remember correct the 3 indentations on the bottom of those cells were added to actually ensure better contact....magnets should not be needed. Of course one of your batteries could also be dead as again some of my protected cells arrived with zero charge due to the protection circuit tripping. Check your cells with a meter if you can.....good luck and keep us posted to what you find out.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I owned mine the center spring on the lamp assembly was too short and the spring would not make contact. I had to stretch the center spring a little to make contact. Just be careful.