SG1 Stargate hand held torch???

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last two episodes had two team members using a light that had a turbo head about 3-3 1/2" diameter that was swivel mounted to a handle that looked to be about 1 1/2 X 8". A straight cord went to a belt mounted battery pack.
Any guesses?

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering the same thing.

Here's some low quality screen captures showing the light you mention, lets see if anyone can recognize it:

fb4081e8.jpg

fb4081e7.jpg

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks x-ray. The show has at least two fans. That was about three episodes ago. On the last show of the season, there were some clearer shots of the torch.
They do have some nice gear like green weapon lasers and the like.

Anyone? Anyone?

Floating Spots

Enlightened
Well, make that three fans.
I have noticed these lights.
They look a lot like some I saw in my spelunking days.
Don't remember who makes them.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, caught that episode last week, also. Not sure about the lights. I'll look into it.

--dan

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I caught some of a movie called "The Sight" on TV tonight. Lots of flashlights in it, not sure what type. Alas, it's not yet available on DVD.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MinjinFrom those two shots, it looks a whole lot like the Makita 12v light that came with my drill kit.[ QUOTE ]
It is not a Makita or any other drill kit light.
[ QUOTE ]
DavidWIt's been asked before

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks David. I missed that thread somehow.
SG1 has a forum. I might go there and ask.

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mingin, It's black. Looks like a cord goes from the bottom of the handle to a seperate power source. The head swivels on the handle. There seems to be a square groove pattern on the head.

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wading through extreme SG-1 fandom message boards I found this. It's not it but this is the basic format of what we're looking for.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got back from the shops and it looked pretty similar to a Coleman 2D Ratchet Head flashlight... can't be sure but I think that the head in the pictures seems slightly bigger than the Coleman. Just a thought... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DavidW said:
Wading through extreme SG-1 fandom message boards I found this. It's not it but this is the basic format of what we're looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

The light they were using looks alot like the SL-50 from David's link. Add me to the SG1 fan list!