What is the "COAST" connection to Led Lenser torches?

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen Led Lenser products that describe all of the Led Lenser line but have the word COAST in front of them and I don't know what this means.

As in Coast Led Lenser Products as described in Internet sites.

They are the same product lines as Led Lenser.

Can anyone elaborate on why Coast put their name on these products? :candle:

Lawliet

Newly Enlightened
Basically its one company that sells their products under different brand names depending on the region.
The germans that conceived the line call themselves "Zweibrüder". Guess they decided that using a letter thats not part of the english alphabet would be a bad idea and went for a distribution partner.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
The US distributor for LED Lenser is a company called Coast Cutlery. Most LL lights available in the US have Coast added to the name.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically its one company that sells their products under different brand names depending on the region.
The germans that conceived the line call themselves "Zweibrüder". Guess they decided that using a letter thats not part of the english alphabet would be a bad idea and went for a distribution partner.

2 brothers own the LL brand hence zweibruder (German for 2 brothers)

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering about the COAST thing for a while as I do own two Led Lensers, a P14 and an M1.

Are the torch bodies actually marked with the COAST name on them?

It does not seem to show it on the pictures advertising this line from COAST.

ryan28801

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 diffeferent models, and one doesn't have Coast anywhere on it, the other came with a wrist cord, and Coast is printed on the tag on the strap....for what that's worth....neither are marked as Coast on the body of the fllashlight itself.

:shrug:

Chicago X

Enlightened
How many years has Coast been doing this branding with Led Lensers?

I know at least ten years, due to the age of this collection:

photo1.jpg

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been seeing the Coast lights sold here in Canada, at homedepot for a little less than a year now.

Chicago X

Enlightened
That looks like a reps sample case or was that bought as a retail collection set?

I purchased the set at an auto swap meet in Ohio.

CLICK HERE FOR ORIGINAL THREAD

It has a neat "Logo Lenser" that hints to the origin of the case. It projects the "Ace Tool Co." logo when the barrel is extended:

Barrel retracted:
photo4.jpg

Barrel extended:
photo3.jpg

I wonder if Ace Tool sold the LLs....That would be a lot of thumbs in the pie.

1) LL profit
2) Coast profit
3) Ace Tool Profit
4) Dealer Profit

Apologies to OP for any OT content.

qt11

Newly Enlightened
what are the LED Lenser lights like when compared to others review on here.... how do they stack up ?

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that LED Lenser is no more, does anybody know if Coast will handle any lifetime warranty issues with an LED Lenser Flashlight? To whom would one return a defective LED Lenser light?

dingo1799

Newly Enlightened
what is the black flashlight in that case... i can almost make out the name on the label on the lid.... is that V2 tactical powerchip??? i have one of those, only some energizer batteries decided to try to eat it from the inside... took a vise and a pair of channellocks to get the tailcap off :sick2: