Surefire P60L input voltage?

TwinBlade

Enlightened
Anyone know what the input voltage is for the older 80 lumen Surefire P60L LED? I just got 4 18650's in today and want to make sure that 3.7 is enough juice to power this lamp to it's full potential.4

Thanks

TwinBlade

Enlightened
Thanks bud. It looked more than half output to me, but it wasn't quite full power. I got a thread started for some mod work to open up a couple Surefire bodies because I like how my Solarforce body holds an 18650, but the SF P60L drop in doesn't quite cut it for output.

Looks like more drop in upgrades for me and it looks like a Malkoff might be coming soon. :D

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks bud. It looked more than half output to me, but it wasn't quite full power. I got a thread started for some mod work to open up a couple Surefire bodies because I like how my Solarforce body holds an 18650, but the SF P60L drop in doesn't quite cut it for output.

Looks like more drop in upgrades for me and it looks like a Malkoff might be coming soon. :D

Yeah, the Malkoff's would be your Best bet. I kept my P60L for back up drop-ins. I don't do the 18650's (yet), but base on your info, I think the M30 (or variant of) would be your best bet. I run my M60L's off the Surefire B65 sticks, which are about 5.3-5.5 volts (w/o load), and they're near full out-put for about 6 hours of continuos use.