Need some help in locating a rifle manual

Illum

Flashaholic
So I figured hey, sold my M6 and brought a sporterized 1891 Argentine mauser home.

The stock is done well, bore and 22" barrel doesn't look like its been used before, as if its brand new...kinda odd for a nearly 120 year old gun. Parkerized barrel, after market front sight...not sure about the rear one but the windage adjusters absent. Shoulders well, cheek plates a plus...not too sure on recoil, as its my first rifle:ohgeez:

Shoots a weird cartridge, 7.65x53, its a jacketed centerfire with lead near the tip:eek:oo:
My frame is too small for the Mosin 91/30, else I'd pick that up...its about the same price plus the ammo is way cheaper. :shrug:

Only issue is...while theres plenty of youtube vids on disassembling the bolt, theres virtually no info online on the trigger group. As if yet I'm still trying to figure out if the magazine can be unloaded from the bottom.

My cameras away on vacation with a family member, so the phone/flashlight pic will do
2qx9e8g.jpg

8wa4wk.jpg

a70o6.jpg

2vct4dl.jpg

The stock has been sporterized, from the looks of it the bolt handle was welded on
of4her.jpg

The Ruger 10/22 cost about the same as this, but considering it was lubed up from storage, inspected by the gunsmith, a hard case, and 20 rounds of 180grain 7,65x53 argentine for $260 out the door, I took it

:anyone: has one that can share some user advice?

Last edited:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure x53 is the same as x54 ammo... and I know there are manuals for this rifle, but I'm not sure if there are any free ones.

roadie

Enlightened
9868777.jpg

:thumbsup:

"The Argentine Mauser (Model 1891) was used by the Argentine government from 1891 until 1909. This model has a straight bolt handle that must be altered if a scope is mounted and a 2-position safety. It is designed to be loaded from the top with five-round charger clips but can also be single loaded. This rifle is no longer in production and some parts are not available. The Argentine Mauser was initially made on contract by Ludwig Loewe and Company of Berlin. It was introduced to Argentina by then-Major Pablo Ricchieri."

roadie

Enlightened
i found it .... online ..... link :D
:)oops: too excited, nvr see below .... sold out :( )
----------------------------------------------------------

bolt action .....

:shrug:

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
9868777.jpg

:thumbsup:

yeah mine looks totally different, no cleaning rod, bolt handle resembles a 1903 springfield and no points on the stock for a sling.

I'm a bit bothered by the absence of its original elevation sight, but seeing how bad my eyes are I probably won't be able to range this beyond 100 yards anyway.

Lee1959, well done! I will definitely search that place from top to bottom:thumbsup:

roadie, nice find...I don't see an ISBN though, oh well. I have the site bookmarked anyway:)