SF 6P vs SL Scorpion

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am curious what everyone's opinions are on the Scorpion vs the 6P. I've had a 6P for along time and I was thinking of adding a Scorpion simply for the focusability and cheap bulbs (relatively speaking), and they are cheap at Botach right now, along with the Toshiba 123's. BTW, any comments, good or bad, on the Toshiba batteries before I order some.

Viper

Newly Enlightened
I have just received 4 Scorpion lights and 40 batteries from botach. I can throw in my 2 cents.........

One thing to note, the Scorpions on Botach do not come in OEM packaging with 2 Duracell batteries like copquest (or others) do. It was in a cardboard box WITHOUT any batteries. So make sure you calculate that into the sale price.

I plan on giving 2 lights away at Christmas, and the other 2 in my cars' gloveboxes. The SF6P is my carry light, it's too nice looking to be locked in glovebox for me.

One nice thing is you can by it, and if you don't like it, it makes a good XMAS gift.

As for brightness I think they are the same. The 6P just harnesses the light into much more defined beam.

Viper

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to Scorpion's and both are in a glove box. They are very good lights with great output, but the P6 is the light I use the most, it is a much better tool IMO. I have used a lot of the Toshiba's and they work well with LOLA's you can expect about 50 minutes of light so for the price they are worth it.
smile.gif

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I bought one of the silver 9P's @$40 for the car and it's too nice to let it sit in the glove compartment and get all scratched up, so I was thinking of replacing it with a scorpion and getting a KL3 for the 9P.