Arc LSH-P vs. SurefireG2 Nitrolon

bigred

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. I'm now hooked on flashlights after reading this forum for about a week.(thanks a lot!) I just ordered an ARC AAA for EDC and am thinking about an ARC LSH-P. My brother owns a Surefire G2 Nitrolon and I'm curious as to how the ARC compares to the SF in terms of brightness, weight, and any other category you can think of. Thanks again for making me a flashlight addict...

ErikNYC

Newly Enlightened
I\'ll take a stab at this one...

I don't own a G2 but I do have the LSH-P and I think they are two totally different lights.

The Arc is much smaller, runs on a LED and (to me at least) is a much more EDC type of light.

I would think that the 2 cell G2 with its incandescent bulb would be brighter than the LSH-P however the ARC lamp will never need to be replaced. From what I understand the surefire lamps are pretty expensive. I think the runtime on the ARC is also better.

For what its worth the ARC is a great little light. It was my first "real" flashlight and I could not be happier with it. It suits my needs for an EDC light perfectly.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
bigred,
I personally do not own an Arc LSH and will have to remedy that soon. If you are looking into an LED and can't decide between the LED and the G2, you could just get into a Surefire E2e. For the price of an Arc LSH-P, you could get the E2e and a KL1 LED head for it. You could have the best of both worlds for less than the price of the Premium Arc.

Don't get me wrong. I have had my hands on Arc flashlights and believe that anyone who appreciates fine flashlights must get an LSH. But if cost is an issue, the Surefire E series is a good way to get into both an Incand and an LED at a very reasonable price. The E2e with either head is also very EDC friendly. The KL1 can also be easily modded to suit your needs. If in the near future, you would like something even smaller, then you can get your hands on an E1e body and transfer the tailcap and KL1 to the E1e body and have a super EDC friendly light.

onelight

Enlightened
The G2 is much brighter much bigger and goes through batteries more than 4 times as fast. The LS high or low dome (in real use I find no practical difference)will fit in the watch pocket of your LEVIS and the quality is wonderful.If ARC is not out they had seconds for $50 & the LSL 1st for $65 so as they say get an LS & a G2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
as an edc, the ARC LSH-P wins hand down because of it's small size. The ARC is almost half the size of the G2. It absolute brightness isn't important, the ARC wins in my opinion. I edc a Surefire L4 and an ARC LSL-S or a McLux.

Bernhard

Newly Enlightened
For EDC, I will soon be using A2 and L4 (Thanks Beretta /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ), and use ARC AAA as a backup light.

gregw45

Newly Enlightened
For a good all-around light I vote for the Arc LSH-P.

These are my usual EDC lights - G2, Arc LSH-P & AAA.
fb3d98e8.jpg

I went out last night to walk the dog and (for the second time in 30 years) locked myself out of the house. The only lights on me were Surefire's G2 w/P60 and a G2Z w/P61.

Arrrgh! I should have packed the Arc LSH-P. Both lights were w-a-a-y to bright for sneaking around / close up work and after 30 minutes I was sweating the G2's runtime.

Luckily I got inside, but in the end, was thankful I was carrying something for illumination!

Geheim

Newly Enlightened
Bigred,

I'm getting a G2/P61. I have a ARC LSL-S. I plan on buying a LS4 when it comes out.

The ARC LS series is a good light for everyday use. The G2 is used when you need bright light. You can only use it for a short time, esp. with a P61 head on it.

You cannot compare the two lights. It is not fair to either one. They have a seperate purpose in life.

It depends on what you need.

Chad