Sunwayled M40C or Eagletac M3C4 XP-G?

veleno

Enlightened
Which would you choose between the Sunwayled M40C and the Eagletac M3C4 XP-G?

I don't know well the Eagletac "military" series, are they well made and realiable? Is the tailcap switch included with the M3C4?

Last edited:

shipwreck

Enlightened
I know some vendors give you the tailcap - I do not know if EVERY vendor will. However, I have heard of a lot of problems with striped screws and whatnot - so if you get the Eagletac, I would ask the vendor to install the tailcap for you.

I saw a thread in the past week or so with some screenshots of the new M3 and the Sunway led... I'll see if I can find it - but if you do a search, you may come up with it first...

Bladedude

Newly Enlightened
I cannot say much for the Eagletac M3C4 XP-G as i do not have one. However i did buy a Sunwayman M40C 1 week ago and love it!:devil: I guess it comes down to personal preference. The Eagletac will offer about 400 lumens higher output with the XP-G's having higher efficiency at the same time, but the MC-E in the Sunwayman still pushes 600 OTF and you get some 5mm red and blue leds. Based on what I've read and observed the Sunwayman has a better, more reliable tailcap. The Anodization on the Sunwayman is also Superb and with good chocolatey color:). The battery carrier in the Sunwayman seems to be of better quality as well and it has the clicky switch built into the carrier whereas the Eagletac's is not. The red and blue leds are handy on the M40C, the red will not disturb your night vision and lights up ok, the blue is intense and will light up a whole room blue, its not UV but it is defineately easier to detect stains and flourescent things with the blue leds than white light. Output levels are different for both lights. Many do not like the M40C selected output levels (40, 170, 600) but i must admit they are perfect for me. Though the 40 lumens does seem lower than 40 lumens.

Anyway i went through this decision process before i bought my M40C. I understand my review is a bit bias as i only have one of the two lights. I love my M40C and have no regrets but it would be nice to hear from someone who owns both as well.

Other options are: Eagletac M3C4 SST-50, MC-E, XR-E R2, many have neutral tints too which almost had me buying one.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
I've been thinking about buying I light from the M2-series before but never pulled the trigger.
The M40C looks good too, but...

I want a neutral white - then it's the EagleTac
Strobe must be hidden - then it's the EagleTac

Jannis

Newly Enlightened
I got the sunwayled m40c, and I must say i am xtremely happy with it, have use it in the woods in night time many times, and when I turn it on on hi, I still wow`s every time, its like turning the sun on, its a wall of light, wery useful in dense forrest, throw isnt the best in class. but more than I thought it would be. The eagletac I dont know anything about, its on my wish list :)