Trying to figure out what tint I like.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone tell me what the tint of the neutral romisens is that shiningbeam sells?

I want a light that has a nice sort of cream color and although i like my neutral romisen it is a bit too yellow/orange for my tastes. From what I have seen of the fenix E21 it looks like it will also be a bit too warm for me and that I believe is 4000K, so I'm thinking I may like something like 4500K.

What lights have this tint? Thanks.

Point Source

Newly Enlightened
It sounds like you're looking for something in the 4C range. If you take a look at the ansi white chart, the 4C bin occupies the ~4300-4500K range. If that's the case, I think the neutral Liteflux's use a 4C emitter, as do the latest neutral run of 4sevens lights. With just those two manufacturers, you have plenty of choices, but I'm sure there's even more. Good luck!

You can check out the ansi white chart here -->https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/156772

Last edited:

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sol,

If you're considering a P60 based light take a good look at the LF R2 drop-in, single or 3 mode, for very reasonable $18. The pair I have both produce a very nice cream tint. LF specs their R2s for a "daylight" 5000 K balance. I'll say that both of mine are in the 4500 - 5000 K range. BTW, Light Hound is still stocking the R2 based Seraphs. LF is now shipping the XPG based Seraphs in a "cool" white tint.....

Latest posts