Looking for a tactical light.

merkel

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a tactical light and cant decide between the New 4Seven G5 or the Fenix TK11 or TK12. Please help!!!

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a tactical light and cant decide between the New 4Seven G5 or the Fenix TK11 or TK12. Please help!!!

What do you expect from a light? The G5, TK11, and TK12 are pretty different in UI, output, and so on. This is like saying "I need a race car, should I buy a dune buggy, a Formula racer, or a stock car?"

merkel

Newly Enlightened
I guess my biggest things are throw and long battery life.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I'll play:

What do you intend to use it for? Why are you specifying a "tactical" light? Do you plan to use this sucker in a tactical manner on the job? How so?

The Fenix TK11 has a very good throw and reasonable battery life.

I like my user interfaces stupid-simple, which is why I stick to no more than two-mode lights - depending on your needs, you might benefit from a more complex UI.

-Trevor

merkel

Newly Enlightened
It will be used for quick instant ons and offs as in a tactical role. I keep reading the TK11 and TK12 info but what really is the big difference? How does the G5 compare?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
TK11 is simple to operate, TK12 has alot of modes but I haven't got to play with it much. Both these lights are about 285 emitter lumens. OTF is less but they are well built and smooth throw and beam.

I've heard good things abouth the G5 but haven't handled one.
The output is comparible.
I suggest looking up the manuals of the three and seeing which UI you like best, Quark or Fenix.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just looked up the G5 and it's rated 350 lumens.
I'm not sure how she throws, but it sure would be nice to testdrive :)

Sailboat

Newly Enlightened
The G5 should throw significantly better than the TK12, being ~17,000 Lux at the spot vs the TK12's ~11,000

That's a bright spot! A standard P60 lamp can hurt quite a lot at 4,000!