Zebralight SC30 questions

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, one of our local cops likes my SC30 but would like a strobe mode.

Is this doable or on a different model? He likes the small size and the output of mine though..

THanks

George

Last edited:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried asking Zebralight if they can sell you one with a strobe mode?

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the older zebralights had a strobe but it was removed in favor of two high modes.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
David, no, haven't asked them, figured this was a good place to start.

Dan, that's the thing, I would like for him to retain the high output AND, he likes the shorter SC30.

THanks

George

Dan FO

Enlightened
David, no, haven't asked them, figured this was a good place to start.

Dan, that's the thing, I would like for him to retain the high output AND, he likes the shorter SC30.

THanks

George

No strobe for him. :D

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that's what I figured.

He'll just have to learn to turn it on and off real quick :D

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
The small size of the SC30 is definitely a big appeal of the light, but I think the strobe isn't really fast enough to be good for the things an LEO would be using it for.

The regular Quarks on the other hand, have a very rapid strobe that is quite attention getting... I use mine at night when out for a walk, and it never fails to get drivers' attention to let them know where I am. When walking against the flow of traffic and dealing with drivers doing the looking left while turning right thing, none ever fail to see me coming with it, and most actually back up to clear the sidewalk. I think they think that only a cop would have a light with such a strobe, and try to get out of the way as a result.