Fenix E21 - Battery Options

Burgess

Flashaholic
Certainly !

Energizer L91 Lithium Batteries work GREAT ! ! !

:thumbsup:
_

gnicky11

Newly Enlightened
Certainly !

Energizer L91 Lithium Batteries work GREAT ! ! !

I have a different, but closely related question. What voltage are the L91 batteries? I thought they were over 1.5v.

The reason I ask is because I recently purchased an E21 and a 4-pack of the PowerGenix NiZN 1.6v batteries.

They provide the expected 2.5 hours on high (last 15 minutes fading) but the low setting is only very slightly dimmer resulting in an appriximate 3.5 hour runtime (lst 15 minutes fading). On standard cells, the brightness is as expected on low.

Now I think I need some eneloops so that I can get a "low" setting that will run close to the advertized 11 hours. Anyone tried these cells?

PerttiK

Enlightened
Seems like the higher voltage of nizn causes the light to go direct drive.
I believe it should work ok with L91's, not from the start necessarily but certainly after short use when the voltage drops a little.

PerttiK

Enlightened
Alkalines will leak at some point.
Of course you can take the alkalines out between uses, I've never had an alkaline leak during use, but then I've never used alkalines in a high drain device.
And then there's the normal nimh rechargebles wich will keep their charge up to a month or so, and eneloops and other low self discharge batteries wich will keep their charge up to a year.
And last but not least, energizer L91 lithium AA's that keep their charge for years, 15 as per specs, these have better capacity than nimh or alkalines.

Last edited:

SuLyMaN

Enlightened
Alkalines will leak at some point.
Of course you can take the alkalines out between uses, I've never had an alkaline leak during use, but then I've never used alkalines in a high drain device.
And then there's the normal nimh rechargebles wich will keep their charge up to a month or so, and eneloops and other low self discharge batteries wich will keep their charge up to a year.

Ah okies...Too bad. Thought duracells would not leak. Will the rechargables leak tho?

tandem

Enlightened
NiMH rechargeable cells are not prone to leaking and can be considered safe to store inside the flashlight where you really want them if in a hurry.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have had nimh leak but typically the leak is a powdery substance that can be blown off as it doesn't coat things and ruin them. It happens mostly after charging them and the ones that leaked were pulls from cell phones (flat tops). I don't recall a tipped nimh leaking.
ALL alkalines CAN (and have) leak(ed). For me, duracells tend to be the least leak prone but still have leaked.