What make the max "wow factor" SF-L1 red or blu ?

Miciobigio

Enlightened
What make the max \"wow factor\" SF-L1 red or blu ?

... or green ?
I want an L1 but i have no idea of what color, the only thing i know is that i want a color led in it.

Thanks.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What make the max

I have not seen the blue yet, so I really can't comment on it. I use a green L1 as part of my EDC rotation, and it is VERY bright (well, looks bright, color perception and all that).I played with a red L1 recently and it had a much tighter beam, more like a normal flashlight, and did not give the 'wall of light' effect that the green does.

jtice

Flashaholic

I know the green KL1 was ALOT brighter than the white version.
250 more lux,, or lumens ,, i always get those mixed up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

lux. 250 more lumens would be insane!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EPguy

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Miciobigio said:
Thanks, revolvergeek.
Do you know a web store that sell L1-green or blu or red and that ships to Europe ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Micio, if you check out the Surefire website under international dealers, there are two in Italy, I am not sure which one would be closer to you. If you cannot find one without having tp pay a very large import tax, please let me know and I'll try and square you away. I was just in Turin and gave away a couple of E2E's to the policemen I was working with. Here are the two that are there:
Kunzi, S.P.A.
Via Lodovico Ariosto 13 Cp 83
Bresso, Bresso
I-20091
Phone: 392 610-0951
Fax: 390-2-66-500-553
Email: [email protected]

And the other:
Selenia 2000 S.R.L.
Via Di Torre Morena, 74
Morena, Rome
Phone: 39-679841916
Fax: 0039-679817917
Email: Pdirocco@Pelagus.

On another note, I had the blue one, it was pretty nice alot better than the red IMHO.

Miciobigio

Enlightened

Thank you EPguy,
Kunzi is supposed to be the official SF distributor here in Italy, but they have only old models they don't have the e1e e2e ecc. only e1 gm, e2 gm ecc. and the price are "insane " for example the E1 GM cost 104 Euro ( more than 110 $ ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.
I think that they don't know the existence of Led lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I have to buy one overseas and i want a SF-L1 green or blue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Ciao.

EPguy

Newly Enlightened

Ciao Micio, tuto bene?, I am going to do another order here soon, maybe in the next two weeks, I have to save up some cash myself, if you want one let me know otherwise if you cannot wait go to
www.tadgear.com they have them in stock and will ship overseas, Evan is a real nice guy to deal with and their prices are usually pretty low. They ship through TNT international so I don't know what the rates would be. Plus ya get a free SF T-Shirt! Bonus
Unless there is a resident dealer here that could help ya out.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a red, green, and blue. The blue has the most WOW factor, but is not quite as perceptably bright as the green due to the way the eye sees color brightness. I use the red one at night, but only outside as it is too bright for up-close stuff in the house for me.

If you just want BRIGHT, get the green. If you want it more for show, go for blue. If you really intend to use it for skulking around in the bushes (or tooling around in the garage late at night), get a red one.

Just my 2¢

Cones

Enlightened

Hi,
I've got a blue one.

See it on my review site below. I think this may have a lot of near UV as anything flourescent is very bright when lit with it. Great for charging my luminous watch face.

Mark

Alan Hsu

Enlightened

I would suggest that you 1) find an used SF L1 at CPF; 2)have yclo (he's in Australia) put a high-dome green or cyan high-dome LS (instead of the low-dome LS that comes with stock SF L1) in it; or better yet 3)have him replace the stock NX-05 optics with Fraeon's version (available from Elektrolumens). You will end up having a green or cyan L1 with excellent throw and little or no beam artifact.

Latest posts