What flashlight to replace my Quark MiNi CR2 WW?

Sharpy_swe

Enlightened
What flashlight to replace my Quark MiNi CR2 WW?

Unfortunately the MiNi CR2 doesn't have any 'Wife protection circuitry' aka 'Reverse-polarity protection' so I need a replacement. The MiNi CR2 is great but it would be more fun to try a new flashlight.

It's going to ride on my keychain so size matters :sssh:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found that the Preon ReVO is the best twisty style flashlight that 4Sevens has ever produced. Though it is not as bright as the CR2 MiNi or 123 MiNi, it's machining is the best so far compared to the other MiNi from 4Sevens.

bodhran

Enlightened
I would suggest another CR2 ww. Why mess with perfection. :thumbsup: By the way....just my opinion.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will those lights instantly fry if you put the battery in backwards? Such an easy thing to do, so what a shame.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you get a Dr scholls Corn pad with the hole in the middle you can make your own physical reverse protection.

The Revo has a similar rubber pad setup for that purpose.

Sharpy_swe

Enlightened
I have found that the Preon ReVO is the best twisty style flashlight that 4Sevens has ever produced. Though it is not as bright as the CR2 MiNi or 123 MiNi, it's machining is the best so far compared to the other MiNi from 4Sevens.

Yes the ReVO looks like a very nice little flashlight.

I would suggest another CR2 ww. Why mess with perfection. :thumbsup: By the way....just my opinion.

The CR2 WW is nice but it's always fun to try another model. And I can't really decide which tint I like the most, the neutral or ww.

Will those lights instantly fry if you put the battery in backwards? Such an easy thing to do, so what a shame.

My CR2 was toasted for hours maybe even days :poof:

If you get a Dr scholls Corn pad with the hole in the middle you can make your own physical reverse protection.

Will try that some day :thumbsup:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds like a great idea.

So you'd put that on the negative end of the battery, or on the inside of the head of the light?

If you put it on the negative end of the battery, the tail cap spring could go through the middle of the pad to connect to the battery, and if you put in inside the head it would allow the button on the positive terminal to contact the inside of the head, but if the battery was inverted, there's no button to go through?

Just thinking out loud; pardon my brain-fart here. :D

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a great idea.

So you'd put that on the negative end of the battery, or on the inside of the head of the light?

If you put it on the negative end of the battery, the tail cap spring could go through the middle of the pad to connect to the battery, and if you put in inside the head it would allow the button on the positive terminal to contact the inside of the head, but if the battery was inverted, there's no button to go through?

Just thinking out loud; pardon my brain-fart here. :D

It would have to be on the head to prevent the type of "wife changing battery" incidents the OP mentioned.