Anyone used the "BLINDER" Led Flashlight sold on ebay - 1600 lumens??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is NO way it got 1600 lumens on a single 18650. Guaranteed.

Barrie

Enlightened
the fact he doesn't want to answer questions would sound enough alarm bells for me to stay clear
i think you will be lucky if it is 200-300 lumen's

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
It never says this light is 1600 lumens, just that it is more "intense" than any light listed on ebay up to 1600 lumens. WHatever that means.

PerttiK

Enlightened
It says "Beats 1600L Lights for Intensy!".
What it is probably trying to say that it has tight spot, not 1600 lumens.
Looks like generic *fire lights from dealextreme.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
This appears to be the Chinese made host offered by DX under the Trustfire & Ultrafire brands & available with a variety of emitters such as (DX 24975) or just as a host with pill & no emitter (DX 15946). I think KD offers a version of this as well. The eBay seller is clearly trying to take advantage of buyers who just don't know any better. "Brightest on Earth!", Yeah buddy, sure!

Ultraripoff.jpg

vs. eBay guy

ebayrip.jpg

P.S. A more thorough look at DX's offerings show no less than ten versions of this host with various emitters & claimed outputs from at least three brand names. Of course, even with the sometimes exaggerated lumen claims one sees at DX none of them claim anywhere near "1600L".

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yawn!!!

eBay sellers and some Chinese manufacturers are famous for exaggerating.
The seller is claiming Chinese sellers are exaggerating. He is exaggerating even more

A custom LED would cost the seller hundreds of dollars per LED. At the price he is charging for the whole flashlight it is not REAL proprietary. The seller is just saying that so you cannot figure out how much light that flashlight actually produces. Let us try to figure it out anyway.

The best high power production Cree LED at the moment is the MC-E rated by Cree at 700+ Lumens at 2.8A.
That flashlight uses only 1*18650 battery. Most 1*18650 battery flashlights can only manage 2A to the LED so you are down to 700*2/2.8=500 LED lumens.
Now the reflector and lens absorb some of the light. Light transmission range from 65% for Maglite to 81% for Fenix. Let us use 75% somewhere between the extremes. 500*0.75=375 OTF lumens.

Earlier today I was browsing through
Actual Lumens readings in 6" dia. Lab Sphere IS with SC 5500 control - PART II
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/229135
DX_MC-E High_____________385__turn-on,__________1_18650 LI
DX_MC-E High_____________345__warm____________1_18650 LI_
My calculation was not that far off.
(the same manufacturers make most of the lights for both ebay sellers and DX)

So is it that bad?
A 3D incan Maglite is 32 lumens.
A 4D incan Maglite is 52 lumens.
The new REBEL MagLED is 100 lumens.
350-400 lumens is still way brighter than stock Mags which many people consider premium lights.

Take a quick browse through my link above and this other sticky:
Actual Lumen Readings in 10.5in Sphere.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/260659
Pay particular attention to the LED/battery combination.
They will give you a better feel for what to expect.

-

I did a google search for T.I.T.E. BLINDER and all links point back to your seller. Looks like T.I.T.E. BLINDER is his proprietary name for the flashlight.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I have one in typeIII. got it for $20 on the CPF marketplace. I'm running an XRE-Q3 at 1.4A. Its good for about 170 Lumens. Its a well made host. Big aluminum pill that threads into the body right beneath the heatsink "throat" area. My switch was finicky and had to re-flow solder. Once I did that it's been fine. So its a decent light if you get a good one. The light in your link is not 1600L, its just an XRE (you can see that in the pic).

Some pics...

Lighthound sells the P7 version under the Xtar brand. THIS one is a better light for the $$$, from a reputable CPF retailer.

Last edited:

alightinthedark

Newly Enlightened
I was just about to order one, The S.O.S. and the Strobe is a little to much.

I'll sit back and watch for a while.

:confused:

It's new I'll have to watched it for a while.

socalrunner

Newly Enlightened
here is his last reply as I ask about beam shape and brightness compared to P7

"It is a light we developed to both offer more of a flood effect and a tight intense center beam... It is considerably more intense than the SSC-P7 but also more of a flood than the incredible Blinder.. It offers both tactical and general use qualities. It is one of our best selling lights i stores and catalogs.... More popular when seen in person..You will realize why when you get it.. We also offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If I am full of bull...return it! Noe have ever been returned...Just praises and reorders"

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
The seller told me it is an XR-E Q5 but "modified". The only modification I can think of is that perhaps he removed the dome which generally results in less lumens but more throw (I don't think I've heard of anybody doing this to an XR-E though).

He said it will run on high for 3 to 5.5 hours with one 18650.

It can't be putting out 200 lumens in order to run on high 3 to 5.5 hours using a single 18650.

I will refrain from further comment.

Last edited:

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ebay sellers like the one described in this thread are hardly worth bothering over but this guy is certainly amusing. He positions himself on high moral ground as an American seller and considers foreign sellers who would exaggerate the lumen output of flashlights as "disgraceful!" I took a look at his other listings and see he offers versions of this particular host such as the Ultra Fire SSC P-7. Here is an excerpt from his comments about the light: (Bad punctuation and typos left intact.)

"Rated by manufacturer to be 900Lumen TITE-LIGHT CLOSE OUT SALE MAKING ROOM FOR MORE POWERFUL LIGHTS!

The Cree SSC-P7 emitter was for a long time the standard to strive for among the off brand flashlights.Still well respected, this emitter combined with the UltraFire & MantaRay quality produces a powerful flashlight which many of our less honorable foreign sellers promote as 900 Lumen. IT"S NOT! But it is still a very powerful flashlight and possibly even worth the $89 that it originally sold for. We still use the P-7 emitter today in some of our larger ,multi-battery lights. It is durable and can handle high inputs, but there are many more efficient and powerful new emitters today for the smaller lights, so we are closing this still impressive light out of our inventory and leaving it for the foreign sellers who continue to make false claims as to it's true output. NOTE..Over half of the high output lights advertised by foreign sellers on eBay are exaggerated.Often by as much as double their true Lumen output! We think it is disgraceful!"

"TITE-LIGHT a USA based company. We love this country and abide by it's advertising laws.We also respect our buyers enough to offer you a true description of the product you are considering."

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
My suggestion is:
in most auction, the describtion esp. the data of the flashlight
they will rate the led's maximim flux but not the flashlight's output

Billeojr1971

Newly Enlightened
I have at least 10 lights that are more than 200 lumens including the Blinder which is very bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.