• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Malkoff V2 Wildcat triple XPG

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
:sick2: I encountered some unexpected expenses on my equipment this week so I am sacraficing my personal favorite #1 cool light that has never seen any use but resided as my trusty companion in my FJ Cruiser for emergencies. I have the new Malkoff "WILDCAT" triple XPG mounted on a MD 2 body with clip and shroud with a lanyard attached. I am not interested in trades as I have to pay for a transmission on one of my trucks. These are always sold out on Gene's website and next to impossibe to find. I am asking $300 shipped in the USA.

Here's Gene's description of the light:

This flashlight produces 750 (measured) Out The Front Lumens. The Flashlight has a 12 degree beam with generous spill. The LED's are Cree XP-G's. The reflectors were custom designed by Don McLeish for this flashlight It will easliy light objects at 500+ feet. It has a High/Low function accessed by head rotation. The low output is approximately 40-50 lumens depending on batteries used.

Last edited:

jtrucktools34

Newly Enlightened
Karl,

What batteries are you using? I checked Malkoff's site and it only shows the Wildcat compatible with 3 CR123 or 2 18500's. Are you using IMR's? I can't find the voltage range either.

Jerry

jellydonut

Enlightened
The V2 Wildcat will run in regulation on two CR123s however I haven't actually tested how long until it drops out.

With one 18650 it runs out of regulation.. Still crazy bright though.:eek:

Only thing you gotta look out for is not running it with four CR123s if you use the MD4 body. 1x, 2xli-ion, 2x, 3xCR123 is fine.