Nylon Washer

B

BULLDOG

I have 5 total E1e & E2e Surefires and I read that if you take the clip off you should get the nylon washer (part# 14872-1) so that fills the void where the clip use to be so the washer does not pop out. SF customer service is great the lady sent me 5 of them for free. So is it as easy to install that you just put it on first, then the o-ring, then the KL1 head or regular head?

Darell

Flashaholic
Yup. Nothing could be easier to install.

You actually need those washers to make the light waterproof WITH the clip in place. There is still a void behind the clip bend where the O-ring can fall.

B

BULLDOG

So will it be waterproof with the clip not on with the washer? With the clip it needs the washer to be waterproof, than why didn't SF make and distribute them with the washer if they knew that?

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never seen this washer on my E1e or E2eCJ
rolleyes.gif
icon8.gif
it was never there.

B

BULLDOG

Exactly, they aren't there, you have to get them from SF. They will make the light waterproof. The part number is 14872-1. SF sent me 5 for free. Can't beat that customer service.

SuRgE

Enlightened
Got mine free from Surefire also. Installed it with no problem. Don' understand why it wasn't included in the first place.