Are there any tests or reviews of the sc60

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
Would love to see some outdoor beamshots of the zebralight sc60. Sounds like a killer little light , but there is not alot of info on it. Will selfbuilt be doing a review?

JA(me)S

Enlightened
To my knowledge there aren't any formal reviews yet. But while we wait we can have a little fun... Which lights would we like to see comparison beamshots of?

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
I would like to see a comparison to a d10, r2 or gdp, i would also like to know lf the little light has any throw, will it be useful outdoors as well as in.

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
Just use the search box in the upper right hand corner; just search for SC60.

This is the top hit I got from doing so:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/284602

Well thank you Captain Obvious. Lol. Just kidding. If you read all 8 pages of that thread, you will find there are no formal reviews and little or nothing in the way of beamshots. Was hoping there was something out there i missed. Thinking of going with a lumapower trust 1aa , or the ZL sc60 18650. Same output which seems amazing. But which one throws better? I am not looking for much throw , but if i walk outside with one of these lights, which one is going to light up bigfoot at 40 yards the best?

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well thank you Captain Obvious. Lol. Just kidding. If you read all 8 pages of that thread, you will find there are no formal reviews and little or nothing in the way of beamshots. Was hoping there was something out there i missed. Thinking of going with a lumapower trust 1aa , or the ZL sc60 18650. Same output which seems amazing. But which one throws better? I am not looking for much throw , but if i walk outside with one of these lights, which one is going to light up bigfoot at 40 yards the best?

Actually, I have read all 8 pages of that thread, because the SC60 is a light I'm very interested in. However, I am going to wait for the neutral/warm version to come out before I buy one.

Zebras are not very throwy lights, but neither are the Trusts from what other users here have said. (Trust owners, of course, please let me know if I'm mistaken on this.) In this case, what you need to get that range from floodier lights like these is sheer power; you get range by simple brute force rather than how well the beam is focused and controlled. I'd say that at an OTF rating of 270 lumens, you should be able to see things 100+ feet away pretty darn well. If you're looking for a light with more dedicated throw, then you should be considering something like a Jetbeam or a Nitecore instead.

Latest posts