They don't make what I want . . . but they almost used to . . .

oops

Newly Enlightened
Thanks CPF, now I am discontent with my flashlights, again. Yep, I've learned a lot from these forums; mostly I've learned what I want and don't want in a flashlight.

I want a small (pocket sized EDC flashlight - LF2XT, Nitecore EZAA, D10/D11, Jet BK135, etc. sized light - Jet Pro 1 V3 is too big), AND I want a highly efficient, high CRI emitter with a smooth, clean, bright beam, AND NO noticeable PWM, AND I want it in either single AA size (must accept 14500 also) or single AAA size (must accept 10440 also), AND it cannot have a slippery, smooth finish, AND it must have a button (no twisties please). I'm not too picky about UI as long as I can get at least one really bright mode and one medium to low setting too. Finally, I want it reasonably priced (definitely under $75, prefereably under $50 - its just a flashlight for cryin' out loud!).

Geez! I'm not asking for that much.

I love my LF2XT on a 10440 . . . its neutral, not high CRI,
and my EZAAw is brighter in a very similar sized package . . . but it is a twisty and not truly high CRI,
and my Lowes Task Force 2c (modded with a SSC P4 high cri emitter) is great but too big, uses 2 cells and only has 1 mode,
and my PT EOS (modded with a SSC P4 high cri emitter) is great but a bit large for pocket carry and it uses 3 AAA
and my ZL H501w is nice but kinda slick for hand held and its not truly a high cri
and my Jet 1 Pro V3 (Q3 warm) is great but a little too large for my pocket and its not truly a high cri.

Why can't Liteflux bring back the LF2XT & LF5XT with a high cri emitter?
Why can't Nitecore put a high cri emitter in the D10/D11 or NDI?
Why can't JETBeam put a high cri emitter in a BK135?
I wish somebody would build something like this . . . cause I would buy it.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks CPF, now I am discontent with my flashlights, again. Yep, I've learned a lot from these forums; mostly I've learned what I want and don't want in a flashlight.

I want a small (pocket sized EDC flashlight - LF2XT, Nitecore EZAA, D10/D11, Jet BK135, etc. sized light - Jet Pro 1 V3 is too big), AND I want a highly efficient, high CRI emitter with a smooth, clean, bright beam, AND NO noticeable PWM, AND I want it in either single AA size (must accept 14500 also) or single AAA size (must accept 10440 also), AND it cannot have a slippery, smooth finish, AND it must have a button (no twisties please). I'm not too picky about UI as long as I can get at least one really bright mode and one medium to low setting too. Finally, I want it reasonably priced (definitely under $75, prefereably under $50 - its just a flashlight for cryin' out loud!).

Geez! I'm not asking for that much.

I love my LF2XT on a 10440 . . . its neutral, not high CRI,
and my EZAAw is brighter in a very similar sized package . . . but it is a twisty and not truly high CRI,
and my Lowes Task Force 2c (modded with a SSC P4 high cri emitter) is great but too big, uses 2 cells and only has 1 mode,
and my PT EOS (modded with a SSC P4 high cri emitter) is great but a bit large for pocket carry and it uses 3 AAA
and my ZL H501w is nice but kinda slick for hand held and its not truly a high cri
and my Jet 1 Pro V3 (Q3 warm) is great but a little too large for my pocket and its not truly a high cri.

Why can't Liteflux bring back the LF2XT & LF5XT with a high cri emitter?
Why can't Nitecore put a high cri emitter in the D10/D11 or NDI?
Why can't JETBeam put a high cri emitter in a BK135?
I wish somebody would build something like this . . . cause I would buy it.

Pay somebody whatever the going rate is for an emitter swap on the LF2XT.
Cerakote the ZLH501w.

Going custom's your best bet when no manufacturers make 'em.

Hawkeye5

Newly Enlightened
The closest I can think of off the top of my head is a HDS clicky CRI, but it uses a CR123 and costs more.

I guess you can search for a Nitecore D10 that has been modded to CRI, or send your own for a mod., but that would also cost more.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
We can be glad that at least some of the big manufacturers offer us neutral white versions.

I fear that we'll be waiting a lot longer for high CRI. There are not many high CRI emitters on the market and those we have are only half as bright as the cool ones, even less compared to the brightest cool ones. Non-CPFers mainly buy cool bright, most neutral white buyers are probably CPFers.

Don't get me wrong, I love high CRO, I currently have a HDS Clicky, a McGizmo SunDrop and a Luminus SST90/3000K dropin from Nailbender, two light engines for EX10/D10 are currently being modded by Teckno Cowboy. I know that Don (McGizmo) has new plans and I'm already excited.

High CRI is a niche product and it'll stay there at least for now. There are at least two large american companies who produce lots of powerfull high CRI lights though, Surefire and Maglite, they are Incans though...:poke:

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
I guess you can search for a Nitecore D10 that has been modded to CRI, or send your own for a mod., but that would also cost more.

That's what I'm carrying in my pocket right now! :wave:

gunga was the modder and he kept it with the stock reflector. It isn't the most powerful light, but it's very useful and has a really smooth beam.

oops

Newly Enlightened
I hate to have to resort to modding (but I have done it before); Any modders have recomendations on which host & parts to use, and where to get them? Would the D11 or JB BK135 be easy to mod? Would something else be a better choice? Thanks. Heck, if I coud find either of those with a neutral/warm, I'd make do with it.

Last edited: