Full Auto first time experience

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I got the opportunity to go to a local range while Im in Salt Lake City. They are called "Get Some Guns and Ammo LLC"

I rented a HK MP5 and FN P90. followed up with a semi FN SCAR.

Edit: I edited the three MP5/P90 videos into one seamless video. Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-nGEwt1Ln8

POV MP5 and P90 (WARNING audio is really loud so turn down your volume)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PrW2WmEh1E

3rd person video MP5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd8LYwZ9LCY

3rd person video P90
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2szgvn1AJ9s

POV FN SCAR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0m5Kl1KiN8

3rd person video SCAR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaIeMEoJzLk

The MP5 and P90 were great to shoot. The P90 trigger takes a bit getting used to. Because it is designed as a dual stage trigger, half press for semi, full press for auto, this makes it difficult to get a feel for a burst. I found myself firing either semi or a burst longer than I wanted.

The MP5 trigger is beautiful. I did have a fail to fire which was a little annoying.

The SCAR is a weapon that I thought was the beesknees. Not so anymore. I dont like the fact that the charging handle is reciprocating. You have to watch where your support thumb goes, if you are right handed. I dont see why they couldnt have made it non-reciprocating like my Kriss Super V.

Also when I fired the SCAR, I felt this extremely long delayed motion in the weapon after the round was fired. it sounds/feels like BANG, KACHUNK, SHLUCK. Although in reality it doesnt take that much time, it felt much longer and pronounced than anything i have fired. I have shot ARs and gas piston ARs and I dont remember them feeling like this.

The reciprocating charging handle is a big downer for me. Now I need to try a Bushmaster ACR. That may be the next weapon on my to-get/wish list.

Oh here are some pictures.
p1040138.jpg

Im shooting the P90.
p1040135a.jpg

Last edited:

mrartillery

Enlightened
Congrats! You've made me jealous! :bow: I've always wanted to shoot a full auto sub-compact Mp5, man those things are fast! :eek:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I owned a Super V, I'm not sure I'd be interested in the other guns..

Ah but my Super V is a civilian model. So no full auto. Dont get me wrong, I love my Kriss, but it isnt a SBR full auto MP5 or a SBR full auto P90!!!!

Since im moving to NY state, I cant turn my Kriss into the uber CQB weapon that I want. I have to keep the 16" barrel. No SBR for me.

I was intrigued by the FN SCAR but after shooting one, I dont want one any more. So now my wish list is down to Bushmaster ACR or FN PS90.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was supposed to shoot some full autos during the summer before I moved... that plan totally fell through. :(
I was so close, too... I still need to get me some class III action.

OCD

Enlightened
I had the opportunity to shoot an H&K .308 full auto when I was about 10 years old. I was shooting it from the hip and my uncle kept telling me to keep the trigger held! I couldn't handle more than a few bursts at a time because it kept walking me backwards!

In my adult years, I've had the opportunity to shoot an AK-47 and a AR-15 with a 90 rd drum! :huh: The AR was a BLAST!:xyxgun:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the opportunity to shoot an H&K .308 full auto when I was about 10 years old. I was shooting it from the hip and my uncle kept telling me to keep the trigger held! I couldn't handle more than a few bursts at a time because it kept walking me backwards!

In my adult years, I've had the opportunity to shoot an AK-47 and a AR-15 with a 90 rd drum! :huh: The AR was a BLAST!:xyxgun:

Nice. I imagine a 90rd drum would be tiring after a while. Oh and heavy hehe.

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
How was the 'feel' between the P90 -vs- the MP5. Any one easier to keep 'tighter' than the other or less muzzle rise?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I remember the first time I fired a full-auto MP5. The first one I was handed jammed before I even got a round off, Instructor couldn't fix it, so he handed me another one. Another instructor took a look at the one that jammed, and it then worked without him having to do anything. I hate gremlins.

Had better results with the AK-47 I tried out.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
How was the 'feel' between the P90 -vs- the MP5. Any one easier to keep 'tighter' than the other or less muzzle rise?

Both are pretty easy to keep sight picture on paper. P90 is easier since it has an Eotech.
I prefer the trigger of the MP5. It is easier to feel a burst. The P90 has a dual stage trigger so it is harder to feel a burst.

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah....trigger feedback. Makes a difference, doesn't it :huh:

Shooting guns is a really tactile experience and stuff like this makes a difference. Reason I can't stand shooting a stock M-16.

get-lit

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your looking among the ACR and PS90, check out the MSAR STG-E4. It's my personal favorite.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your looking among the ACR and PS90, check out the MSAR STG-E4. It's my personal favorite.

Oh the aug? nice but not quite my cup of tea. I like bull pups but I like them small. Hence the P90.

There is a great magazine that focuses all on Bullpups. I like the new sniper rifle but cant recall its name right now.

get-lit

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might be thinking of the Kel-Tec RFB! The 16" BBL makes for a great SHTF weapon, but not for home defense due to over penetration of the 308. The P90 bullets are intended for controlled full auto fire and don't have enough power for a semi auto weapon; so while the P90 is excellent, the PS90 is pretty much useless. That's too bad because I absolutely love the feel of the PS90, and according to fed law, we're just not good enough to own modern full auto in the US. I actually prefer my Professional Ordnance Carbon 15 over the ACR. Bushmaster now makes the Carbon 15, but I like the foregrip of the old Professional Ordnance a lot better. For full auto, I'd take the P90 if I were able. For semi-auto, it's the PO Carbon 15 or the MSAR STG-556. Hope the RFB comes in 556 soon. That really would be the ticket. In 308, the RFB is already smaller than the STG-556, so it would be really nice if the RFB came in 556.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
congrads.

my first full auto was ak74u, had it for a year, during that year it became part of me, i still miss that gun, it was almost 20 years ago.